PDA

View Full Version : Noise(squeek) ¿suspension?

wOlfee
04-12-2006, 05:45 PM
I get a squeeking noise when im driving not all the time but when i hit lil bumps ect ect..

n when stationary i bounce the front left and it squeeks like high pitched im guessing the suspension? could this be anything else?

when i jack my car up and let it down it stops for a while then comes back :thumbdwn:

i just got the front left drive shaft replaced(second hand) could it be this? i took it back and they said it was the front bumper hitting the tyre but no way it is.

thanks for any help.

czy_sol87
04-12-2006, 05:52 PM
could be front swaybar bushes, my bros crx does the same thing, not really sure what it is either
but it wasnt doin it when we lowered the coilovers to the lowest setting

EuroDude
04-12-2006, 05:55 PM
Yep it sounds like the rubber suspension bushings have dried up and are possibly damaged, requiring replacement depending on how bad they are.

Grab a tub of general purpose lithium grease and a grease gun, and grease up the suspension components (the elbows and rubber bits).
Ive heard its not good to use Silicon based grease so try to avoid that.

mrwillz
04-12-2006, 07:03 PM
it may b a lil off topic
wen i jack up my car makes creaking noises , is this wot u are explaining eurodude? ( the rubber bushings drying up)?

czy_sol87
04-12-2006, 08:09 PM
it may b a lil off topic
wen i jack up my car makes creaking noises , is this wot u are explaining eurodude? ( the rubber bushings drying up)?

i think ur explaining a different kind of creaking, when u jack up the car that creaking nosie would be the chassy flexing
but the dryed up bushes u would hear that when u either go over speed bumps(or any bumps) or push the shock up and down, its more of a "tink, tink" nosie

Trini
04-12-2006, 08:54 PM
i had that problem for a while and got the bushes replaced and it didn't fix it but then when my mate was helping with changing the oil filter and stuff he greased up everything around there and it's been fine since then so go with what EuroDude's sayin
Trini

mrwillz
05-12-2006, 01:32 AM
i think ur explaining a different kind of creaking, when u jack up the car that creaking nosie would be the chassy flexing
but the dryed up bushes u would hear that when u either go over speed bumps(or any bumps) or push the shock up and down, its more of a "tink, tink" nosie

ohhh ok i c ic
thx for that mate
sorry bit newbie eh
say hi to vu for me as well :) hadnt seen his car rounD

martin
05-12-2006, 01:53 PM
i get that noise too only on the rear right hand side when i take corners or go over bumps it makes a squeeking noise its really annoying.so all i need to do is give it a bit of grease??

wOlfee
14-12-2006, 12:40 AM
kool thanks for replies the noise is F-N annoying sounds like it needs a grease up or sumthing just not sure where about =)

when i took it to my mechanic he really didnt wannt no about it.. this was first time he said it was the body kit haha..

fxr
16-12-2006, 02:42 AM
i've got the exact same noises, went to Fulcrum and they said it was most likely the bushes (as mentioned above) which arent too expensive to get changed.