PDA

View Full Version : S2k Ideling issue

SNKS2K
05-12-2006, 05:07 AM
Hey guys,

I just recently purchased a 2001 :honda: s2k. :D It was running like a dream for the first 3 months.

When i got it there were, and still have these mods on it:
- VAFC 1
- Gready ecu (piggy back i think) getting rid of this! dunno why he had both installed... personally think you only need one or none because it has next to no mods. what do you guys think?
- Pod filter

stock everything else.

:eek: Problem:
The revs will sometimes fluctuate between 0-1000rpms when its idle. When this happens the engine will heavily vibrate and black smoke will come out of the exhaust. With a hint of burning oil smell. And sometimes it'll cut out.
I hardly drive it now. but i check the oil levels every week or so just incase. Oil level remains the same...

This happens more on a Hot day.

I have a feeling it may be the IACV needs a good clean... and it needs to be tuned..

Friends have suggested it could be a flooding issue...

Thanks in advance guys

WhiteAP1
05-12-2006, 11:10 AM
I dont know why anybody would run both vafc and greddy emanage,especially without any mods. I think its safe to say ure cars behaving like that b/c of tunning (or lack of) and the heat. IMO take both computers out, reset the ECU and see how u go. Also ure car will always run worse when its hot. The stock ecu retards ignition depending on temperature, (intake and coolant temp i think) so if it gets hot, u'll be slugging around.

b20b
05-12-2006, 04:46 PM
I had a idle problem which sounds similar

I changed the iac valve and a oxygen sensor and now all is good

check engine light came on took it honda they read the fault ...easy fix

white ap has some good points about the computer thing...you might not be getting the check engine light because your not using standard computer so honda might not be able to read the fault

EuroDude
05-12-2006, 06:13 PM
Sounds like the car has been thrashed alot.

Maybe the tappets need adjusting? The throttle body may need a good clean as well.

ECU-MAN
05-12-2006, 10:31 PM
rip em both out, put it back to stock

AusS2000
06-12-2006, 07:04 AM
you might not be getting the check engine light because your not using standard computer so honda might not be able to read the fault

The piggy backs will not stop the ECU throwing a code and are much more likely to make it throw a false code.

SNKS2K
06-12-2006, 10:26 PM
thanks for all the advice guys.

heres the plan: i'm gonna rip out the piggy pack, retune it with the VAFC still on becasue i'm planning on a few mods in the very near furtue.

can anybody recommend a reliable tuner in melbourne? prefebly in the South eastern area.

JohnnyVtec
07-12-2006, 07:13 AM
rip em both out, put it back to stock

:thumbsup: This dude knows what he's talking about....