PDA

View Full Version : minor bodywork

joeseven
05-12-2006, 08:11 AM
gday

i drove over a rock the other day and i've scratched and gouged the lhs side skirt on my 05. now, it's not big/expensive enough to make an insurance claim, but it sure is ugly - any ideas on how i can get it looking good again? will a cut and polish and touch-up paint look ok, or do i need to get it sprayed? the scratches are a little more than superficial, but not the end of the world.

sendok
05-12-2006, 08:34 AM
I think if the scratch not too deep, you can always cut and polish, but make sure it washed and cleaned before you do it :)

Good luck man!

05-12-2006, 09:38 AM
i wouldnt go spraying it yourself unless you know what your doing, dont wanna make it worse.

i would get a quote of acouple of panel beaters u got nothing to lose, it might be fairly cheap for them to fill and polish.

if thats to much then i would think about doin it yourself, surely we c=got a panel beater in our ranks who could help?

aaronng
05-12-2006, 10:03 AM
If it is deep deep, and you don't want to spend $150 for a small respray, you could use touch up paint.

EuroDude
05-12-2006, 10:53 AM
got pics?

The Side skirt is plastic though, so you may be able to fill the scratch up with some plastic filler, carefully sand it down without sanding any more paint off, and use Honda touchup paint, then maybe a claybar to smooth back the touchup paint 'bulge'

aaronng
05-12-2006, 11:00 AM
Or just pull the side skirt off and find another one in good condition at the wreckers (check that they are the same colour!)

tony1234
05-12-2006, 07:04 PM
Get one of those bumper repair guys to fix it.Theres plenty of them around.Most do a good job as well!!!