PDA

View Full Version : im a lil lost pls help ( SPRINGS )

Honda 94 DANTE
05-12-2006, 10:05 AM
ey guys how are we all.
k im lowering my cd 1994 honda accord, i want to lower it 2 - 2.5 inches, now iv looked everywer and asked every1 ther is like 1 company who make them and that company is king springs but the only make the LOWS which is like 1.5inches now for me to get them then compress them then spray them is $500 jus to lower my car thats way to much i think.
iv been told to get them off ebay us which is a good idea.
anyways straight to the point im lookin and thers like jus srpings and then thers coilover spring wats the difference i know springs are springs but wat is a coilover spring which 1 am i better of gettin.

thnx guys

timos_b
05-12-2006, 10:28 AM
Coilovers are adjustable ride and height suspension so you can adjust the height, and by adjusting the ride you can stiffen and loosen them as well, springs like king springs just make your car lower and stiffer but with having something like king springs you don’t have the option of ride and height adjustments I would say save a bit more money and get coilovers they will make your cars handling improve and also makes it lower I hope this help a little

Honda 94 DANTE
05-12-2006, 10:30 AM
ohh ak thnz for that, so if i was to purchase coilovers do i need to buy shocks to go with it, or are the coilovers all u need.
coilovers are cheaper than springs on ebay tho lol

notorious_ahmie
05-12-2006, 10:37 AM
what ur seeing on ebay is most likely the coilover sleeves..i wouldnt put them on any of my cars personally

for coilovers brandnew ur lookin at over 1k..but the way they improve handling and ur ride is sooo worth it..but if ur goin just for looks all u need to do is get some lowered springs

so u said king springs make em..they say 1.5" but theyll drop another .5" -1" after a few weeks, but they also make superlows which is i think a 2.5" drop

Menzy
05-12-2006, 10:53 AM
I have K-mac springs and they are pretty good, I have got them on my car and went 3inch low, they did improve handling a bit and the car is stiffer than before. if its looks your going for id say go with the springs, if you want handling then spend the extra cash on coil overs.

remember after a period of time your shocks will need changing.

Honda 94 DANTE
05-12-2006, 11:00 AM
thnx guys i know im goin jus for looks so ill go 4 springs.
king springs dont make superlow springs ohwell i guess i betta keep lookin and if nothin pops up ill jus get the king spring lows compressed another inch

Menzy
05-12-2006, 11:05 AM
You can get K-mac springs ... they are pretty good you ive got mine 3inch
here check it out
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57120

notorious_ahmie
05-12-2006, 11:14 AM
i didnt know kingsprings wouldnt make superlows if they make the lows already..thats a lil weird..check out other types of springs like K-mac, whiteline, even check out some of the trader stuff we have on here, ive seen some springs lurk around

jdm_kid
06-12-2006, 12:00 PM
thnx guys i know im goin jus for looks so ill go 4 springs.
king springs dont make superlow springs ohwell i guess i betta keep lookin and if nothin pops up ill jus get the king spring lows compressed another inch

"superlows" are only available for some models.
dont compress springs as if it would change the springs rates & will sagg alot quickerr, making ur ride bouncy n unconfortable

aimre
07-12-2006, 01:59 AM
I hear Kmac make their own springs, so i dont see why you cant get any size you want from theem. There in the rockdale are, princes highway

Honda 94 DANTE
14-12-2006, 10:00 AM
k guys, last nite i took my car in to get the king springs put in, i had them compressed so overall it will be lowered 2.5 inches. neways it started out all good we did the front firt had the new ones in thennnnnnnn as we went to go put it all back together my cv join poped out and trans oil went everywer lol hahahahaha neways we fixed that, the back springs wer much easier but had to take the whole backseat out lol

neways overall i love the hight that i chose, its not slammed on it **** but its eye catchin i love it.

thnx for all ur help guys

mrwillz
14-12-2006, 12:00 PM
for accords kings will only make lows for them
find another spring offering a bigger drop or compress like u've done
accords haf pretty small guards underneath so choose rims wisely

Menzy
14-12-2006, 12:02 PM
post a few pics up hehehe :D cmon now