PDA

View Full Version : Paint Protection

Whispaa
05-12-2006, 11:43 AM
Hi Guys!

Got my Civic Sport + Paint Protection back in March/April.

Now birdies decided to poop on my car, and I left it there for 1.5 weeks.

Not fearing anything because I've got paint protection right?

Well, decided to wash the car over the weekend... and now you can see imprints of the shape of the bird poop there...

Now what does paint protection do against Bird droppings?

I've tried rubbing it off really hard but that doesn't work.

Any suggestions?

Cheers all.

Zilli
05-12-2006, 12:08 PM
you just F*&ked your paintjob

if your lucky then some very ,light compound even SSR2.5 or 3 with a random orbital or rotary buffer will get it out.

Bid droppings have acid which eats at your paint, and paint protection is a crock of shit sorry to say

aaronng
05-12-2006, 12:17 PM
Paint protection does not protect against bird poop. All it protects against is fading from the sun. Always wash off bird poop as soon as you see it. I carry a BigW ($3) spray bottle with water in my boot for moments like these.

Rubbing it hard further damages your paint. If you know any friends around your area who do real detailing, they can help you repair your paint. I've seen worse than 1.5 weeks on a car without paint protection and I still managed to fix it. Where are you located? If you are in Sydney, come to the next meet and I'll fix the spot for you.

Paint protection is just a paint sealant with insurance that it won't fade. The stuff that protects against bird poop is the thicker waxy stuff, called Natureguard if you bought the Waxguard-brand of paint protection

Zilli
05-12-2006, 12:30 PM
good luck

lets see some pics with the finished product

Whispaa
05-12-2006, 03:54 PM
OMG! You guys serious? That lady told me it protects against the acid from the Bird droppings!

Yea I'm in Sydney, where do I get more details of the meet?

Thanks for the replies guys!

JasonGilholme
05-12-2006, 04:01 PM
If she told you it protects from bird droppings go and talk to them...

Go to the same chick and ask her if she remembers you, and then ask her if the protection coat protects from bird droppings, and then go and show her what a bird dropping did to your paint work...

Back them into a corner before you lay down and claims/demands. :thumbsup:

aaronng
05-12-2006, 04:14 PM
^^ Agreed. Go back and talk to the lady.

My dealer explicitly said that paint protection doesn't protect against bird droppings. For that you need natureguard (added on over the paint protection)

Limbo
06-12-2006, 02:38 PM
RODFL, mate eyah got talk to them about it and see how you go. If not it could cost abit to get it patch painted since its a new colour

aaronng
06-12-2006, 02:51 PM
You don't need to repaint. You can just cut a little off the patch to remove the stained section. If the stain goes down deep, then he can't repair it and needs repainting.

krogoth
06-12-2006, 06:06 PM
that paint protection is most likely a teflon coat of some sorts

meant specifically for protection from color fading if prolonged exposure to the sun is to occur

i also have this gay shit on my car, its the most useless sensitive crap ive ever seen and i regret having it put on my car

as for the bird droppings, i always got rid of them as soon as i was able....to reduce the chances of damage

but the whole paint protection thing is very very impractical, hand car washing at a servo and other automatic car washes are out of the question

my black is only just a year old, and ther are huge swirl marks all over the paint and my black looks more like a dark dark blue rather than a black...this is due to all the brushes and harsh water and soap that those servos have....far too rough for the sensitive paint protection shit....

but i spoke to a proffessional detailer and he reckons he can get the car lookin like new again for $100, but my paint problem is all over the car and not a corrosive spot like urs....

anyway, soz for long post, take ur car to a pro detailer and get their opinions....and chop off the bitches balls at the dealership

krogoth
06-12-2006, 06:09 PM
on another note, if i remember wen i used the prescribed car wash detergent at home and did a good job of it wen i first got the car.....

it looked amazing, a very very deep black.....after i started goin to the servos it fell apart, sorry for goin slightly off topic

aaronng
06-12-2006, 06:50 PM
on another note, if i remember wen i used the prescribed car wash detergent at home and did a good job of it wen i first got the car.....

it looked amazing, a very very deep black.....after i started goin to the servos it fell apart, sorry for goin slightly off topic

You used servo car washes? Damn........ that's not good.

bluedez_man
25-12-2006, 11:47 AM
If she told you it protects from bird droppings go and talk to them...

Go to the same chick and ask her if she remembers you, and then ask her if the protection coat protects from bird droppings, and then go and show her what a bird dropping did to your paint work...

Back them into a corner before you lay down and claims/demands. :thumbsup:

The dealer told me the same thing when I bought my car. The Warranty Card also states that the paint protection will protect from fading, berry and fruit stains, fruit bat and bird poo, tree sap, water spotting, acid rain and oxidisation. On the other hand, under the terms of warranty, they state that bird and bat poo must be washed off within a 'reasonable amount of time of the marks occurring in line with normal vehicle care.'