PDA

View Full Version : DC2R Issues

milkman
05-12-2006, 05:43 PM
Hi all, I've done a quick search but nothing has come up.
and have also looked here http://ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18699

So......

Does any one know if the DC2R has any common issues or faults?

I am looking at purchacing one now and it appears the only issue with these cars are actually finding one.. however are there any common mechanical or electrical faults with these cars?

JasonGilholme
05-12-2006, 05:47 PM
One major thing will be the seats. Alot of people are lazy and end up sitting on the side bolster every time they get in the car which actually distorts the shape of it...

Apart from that i dunno as i don't own one.

Good luck mate

J

DLO01
05-12-2006, 05:51 PM
^^^ thats a user error, not a fault with the car as such. Its definatly somthing to look at when buying though. Just make sure your not lazy and actually lift your ass over the leg cussion so it does not get wrecked.

I am trying not to be Biased, but I have never had problems with mine.

*edit* I am sure this has been covered before....

Astro
05-12-2006, 05:55 PM
come to think about it...i cant find any issues with dc2r's and i have had 2 of them.

macoman69
05-12-2006, 05:55 PM
Windows rattling a little when driving and windows are down.

m3ntAL_l2
05-12-2006, 05:56 PM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46934&highlight=hate
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25011&highlight=hate
^^^^^^^^ u should b able to get sum infor in them
but i know the driver door rattling is a very common one

Chuckz
05-12-2006, 05:57 PM
havent really had any problems

wlan-11g
05-12-2006, 08:19 PM
Don't know if it is a common fault, but i've noticed
that my electric mirrors dont work (both mirrors), the motor on my antenna is dead, so electrical problems really, but shouldn't be hard to fix!

Apart from these, all is well

civic_mods
05-12-2006, 09:45 PM
i own one before......

don't really have common problems with them........

reliable and fast car.....when the time u purchase,beware of thrashed or uncareful example

milkman
05-12-2006, 09:56 PM
Thanks for the help and links fellas, they seem like a bulletproof car!

This msu tbe one of a handful of cars that does not have any common issues. The seat one is wear and tear as far as I'm concerned. The rattles don't put me off (you should ride in my current car..) as this is such a focused car. It's a price we pay eh?

Thanks again.

yourfather
05-12-2006, 09:58 PM
if ur antenna is stuffed I got a stock one you can have for 5 bucks, i think it works ok. 5 bucks is just to cover my postage

Chi
05-12-2006, 10:22 PM
theres one major issue with them

didnt comme with JDM front.

hui
05-12-2006, 11:21 PM
Windows rattling a little when driving and windows are down.

i got the same problem, only mine rattles like hell!

another fault/problem i noticed was the deck where the head unit sits arnt secured properly.

Kazaf
06-12-2006, 12:33 AM
i got the same problem, only mine rattles like hell!

another fault/problem i noticed was the deck where the head unit sits arnt secured properly.

For all rattle worries, check here, easy fix.
http://www.team-integra.net/sections/articles/showArticle.asp?ArticleID=552

DC2R is a great car to own, there arent well known problems that I know of.
You take care of the car, the car will take care of you.

Zilli
06-12-2006, 09:24 AM
ive had my car since new and the only problem ive had is the cigarette lighter recently stopped working

other than that, yes they rattle, but iff yolu commit a day every year to pulling itnerior panels off and reinforcing then youll be fine

of interest, when i first got it and was hearing rattles, i told Honda, and they told me to read my warranty booklet. Rattles are not covered under the warranty due to the suspension setup!

mrwillz
06-12-2006, 09:31 AM
the passenger side air vent is missing cf look coating
jdm y0

Lowa
06-12-2006, 09:46 AM
yeh .. always wondered why they never cf'ed the passenger side vent, anyone have any idea ?

also regarding the headunit not sitting properly, you can just duct tape the headunit to the din pocket and then find something to strap the headunit to the car, i used a piece of metal and drilled 2 holes

Kazaf
06-12-2006, 10:03 AM
jhahah serous?
i never realised the missed the passenger side

DLO01
06-12-2006, 12:02 PM
jhahah serous?
i never realised the missed the passenger side
Me either. ha ha... :o

PaZzMaN-R
07-12-2006, 09:39 PM
Me either. ha ha... :o

very very weird thing they did there baahah.
anyways iv had mine about half a year now and its f***ing fantastic. such a rewarding car to own. beware of thrashed ones.

i was told to look out for driveshafts and broken engine mounts. with that said they are pretty damn bulletproof and for a car of their sort have very few problems.

good luck with the purchase and enjoy.

PaZzMaN-R
07-12-2006, 09:40 PM
oh btw this would be best discussed on club itr. im pretty sure its been covered on there too.