PDA

View Full Version : ED EF Bushings interchangable? (help me make a reference)

Dxs
06-12-2006, 01:21 PM
I am looking into bushing sets, mainly energy suspension because they are common and cheap.

I have a JDM EF8

I believe the USDM EF's are the same as AUDM ED's

So basically there are kits avaible for USDM EF's which = ED's

In the kits include:

front and rear control arm bushings
front strut rod bushings
front shock bushings
rear shock bushings ('89-91 only)
front end links
steering rack bushings
transmission shifter stabilizer bushings (manual transmission only)
ball joint boots
tie rod end boots.Now so far i only know that the shift bushing is a direct fit (hence i put it in green). I am guessing the ball joint boots would be generic too.
Anyone else know what ED bushings from the list fit in the EF8/9's?

Would it be worth while getting the kit or getting seperate kits for certain control arms?

help me cross off all the list

Dylanamus
06-12-2006, 01:29 PM
I'll try to provide more detailed information once I have my car up on a hoist so I can take a better look, but from my experience I can safely advise AGAINST buying an energy suspension kit for your EF8. The workshop mentioned maybe one or two suspension bushings from the kit were able to be fitted. :thumbdwn:

Would it be worth while getting the kit or getting seperate kits for certain control arms?

The kit is cheap compared to kits that are actually designed for the EF8 (like mugen etc), so if you want to spend $250ish to use the non suspension bushings (steering rack etc) and sort out the rest with an EF8 kit, that's your call. The advice I would give using the power of retrospect is hunt around for a EF8 specific kit that caters for everything you want done and save lots of time and money in the long run.

Dxs
06-12-2006, 01:32 PM
thankyou for your contribution mr amus :p

still looking for actual feedback in regards to what fits and what wouldn't

crxtasy
06-12-2006, 10:17 PM
Hi Dan, only one of the bushes out of transmission set will fit the EF8, the front one that mounts to the gearbox is a different size.

www.suspension.com has made a specific kit up for the guys in the UK for there CRX VT's which are exactly the same as the SiR. You will still need to buy rear trailing arm, front and rear roll bar bushes as they are not included in the master set.

Here are some links for you to read through. CRX UK has alot of useful info for the SiR as they got the Vtec model standerd over there.

http://www.suspension.com/civic.htm

http://board.hondacrx.co.uk/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=23190&highlight=energy+suspension

http://board.hondacrx.co.uk/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=23269&highlight=energy+suspension

Dxs
06-12-2006, 10:46 PM
thanks shaun... good info
will further look into it when i am more awake..

are you still running the stock bushings?

crxtasy
07-12-2006, 09:56 PM
No worries Dan, Yeh i'm still running the stock bushings except for the shifter, i've been meaning to do this upgrade aswell, my rear trailing arm bushes are shagged.. let me know when you decide to order and maybe we can get a discount for 2 sets.

Dxs
10-12-2006, 10:19 AM
yeah no worries..

i prob wont order for at least 6 weeks- but still i might not order at all
i will let you know