PDA

View Full Version : Can sum1 pls help, im stressin hard lol

Honda 94 DANTE
06-12-2006, 03:33 PM
ey guys how are ya.
i own a 1994 honda accord vti, i jus ordered springs jus now for it, its gonna get lowered 2.5 inches not a big drop but jus nice. my prob is i had a look at the rear tyre, and jus above the tyres at the rear is a bar that runs above the tyre wat is that bar, if i lower it 2.5 inches its gonna hit it 4 shaw do i take it totally of or wat

thnx

Sensei
06-12-2006, 04:07 PM
I don't own a 5th gen Accord but from what I've seen, a 2.5" drop is kinda delving into the acute side of things.

Can you provide some info in order for others to be able to help you:

What springs are they?
Are you upgrading the shocks for such a big drop? (You will need in the near future if the current chocks are the original OEM ones.)

I'm not sure about the bar thing but maybe someone else can help? Is it a control arm? swaybar? pics would help.

Honda 94 DANTE
06-12-2006, 04:36 PM
i bought king springs lows and im gettin them compressed another inch, im jus puttin the springs in andf leaving the original shocks. i recon it could be the control arm, its infront of the spring and comes over the tyre and attaches above thers like 3 inches between this arm and the tyre it will deff hit if i lower it three inches, ill try n get a pic

thnx guys

ECU-MAN
06-12-2006, 04:51 PM
that bar is the hub knucle linking to the top arm of the suspention

h22a accord
06-12-2006, 06:26 PM
you wont have a problem with the tyre hitting the arm as it will move "with" the suspension.

The only thing stressing you out is the hell bumpy and poor road holding ride that comes with compressed springs on old stock shocks. it will look 'sick ' though if thats what you want from it.

Honda 94 DANTE
07-12-2006, 08:47 AM
oh ak lol thnks guys, i was startin to get worried lol ohwell looks is all im lookin 4 really.
thnx again

JasonGilholme
07-12-2006, 09:17 AM
coilovers :thumbsup:

Honda 94 DANTE
07-12-2006, 09:27 AM
dont tell me that lol i hope i dont get sick of it too quick ill get rid of the car in 3 months anyway. and coilovers isnt a go lol way to expensive for wat i want

JasonGilholme
07-12-2006, 09:30 AM
In the long run its about the same price.

Xplodin
08-12-2006, 08:40 PM
coilovers :thumbsup:
I second that...

I'm gettin coils... I've always had a thing, do it right the first time so u dont have to fook round with them again. Do it rong, then ur up for more money in the end... Soo i'm gettin Coilovers, Besides, i can lower my ride and increase my handeling as well... So coils it is :D