PDA

View Full Version : 06 Civic quirks

Brescia
07-12-2006, 09:23 AM
Is anybody else hearing something loose around the steering wheel area?
i hear slight 'cracks', when im driving along with no audio

Theres also a very slight knocking noise coming from what i think is in the cabin, its on the passenger side
it only comes over bumps, small and large

Anybody else having the same thing?

markp
07-12-2006, 09:47 AM
I can hear rattles on rough road. They are located somewhere in the cabin at the driver side.

I asked Honda service to have a check at 1000kms service, but they did not find anything. I think they didn't even work hard enough.

nemes|s
07-12-2006, 10:55 AM
Hey Brescia & markp,

Just outta curiosity, when did you guys get your civics?

Although I havent collected my civic yet i've been doing alotta research online through forums n stuff and apparently there are problems with the engine mounting with the earlier batches of civics which causes this "knocking sound" on the drivers side. And when i say earlier i still read about people getting their civics in august and still having this problem.

This doesn't seem to be a common thing here cos i dnt remember seeing many posts on thsi forum but on one of the Malaysian forums i've been following, alotta people there have this problem:

http://eightgc2.forumup.com/viewtopic.php?t=7&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=75&mforum=eightgc2

And seeing as Malaysia get their civics from Thailand as well, i have a feeling that both yours and their problems with the "knocking sound" are derived from the same manufacturing defect.

I havent thoroughly read through the entire post but you can have a read and maybe it'll help you narrow down the problem. Then hopefully you can get it fixed at a honda service centre; cos apparently Honda IS aware of this problem!

Hope this helps, lemme know how it goes

MKI4EVA
07-12-2006, 11:37 AM
Theres also a very slight knocking noise coming from what i think is in the cabin, its on the passenger side
it only comes over bumps, small and large

Anybody else having the same thing?

hahah this killed me too. THEN i found it it was simply the lower seat belt plastic strap cover hitting the passenger side back rest lever.

there you go.

:thumbsup:

Brescia
07-12-2006, 11:37 AM
I recieved my civic on tuesday and its a september 06 build,

The sound in mine is definately coming from the passenger side, not the drivers side.
Its a faint 'knocking' over small bumps,
it could be exterior, or even be from the engine bay

Ive informed my dealership and will show them, most probably at my 1000k service

Brescia
07-12-2006, 11:39 AM
hahah this killed me too. THEN i found it it was simply the lower seat belt plastic strap cover hitting the passenger side back rest lever.

there you go.

:thumbsup:

Thanks for that, little reassuring for me

ill give it a shot today and see how it goes :thumbsup:

MKI4EVA
07-12-2006, 11:46 AM
Thanks for that, little reassuring for me

ill give it a shot today and see how it goes :thumbsup:

I initially thought it was something in the door.

panda[cRx]
07-12-2006, 01:25 PM
there's a few 'quirks' with the new civics.

- front windows not closing properly
usually requires regulator and run channel replaced. if problem reoccurs then a new window is required, can be annoying if you have tint (new window is a revised part, i think its thinner)

- Loose dash trim
the kinda boomerang shaped trim that goes around from the speedo has kinda popped out on a few customers cars. it can be replaced but it doesnt make it much better.

-leak from trans hose
have seen a few with leaks from one of the hoses, it's easily fixed with a new clamp

-exhaust resonance
some people complain about a resonance from the exhaust at certain RPM's. it's not really a fault, just a characteristic of the car that has had complaints

hmmm other than that there isnt really any civic specific things i can think of atm.

Brescia
07-12-2006, 05:55 PM
I can finally enjoy the car without worry, it really was just the seatbelt..

cheers for that MKI4EVA

MKI4EVA
07-12-2006, 10:23 PM
I can finally enjoy the car without worry, it really was just the seatbelt..

cheers for that MKI4EVA

I totally understand........it bugged the crap out of me initially too :D

now you can take the bumps without a extra ear pointed to the passenger side LOL.

Brescia
08-12-2006, 08:14 AM
Theres still a minor plastic tak tak noise coming from my steering wheel, im pretty sure everybody has it
i geuss you cant win them all

mrwillz
08-12-2006, 11:26 AM
hahahha
my mum today in the 06 civic came back in the house wif the horn goin nuts
somehow the horn button got stuck/>
jus needed to nudge it a bit

chylld
08-12-2006, 09:29 PM
Is anybody else hearing something loose around the steering wheel area?
i hear slight 'cracks', when im driving along with no audio

i've had this one since i got the car... it sounds as if the trim pieces behind the steering wheel (as well as that boomerang one in front of the speedo) are 'crackling' or grinding against each other... for me it happens especially when the car is turning a corner.

i could get the dealer to look at it but i'll probably save myself the grief and just put some foam down when i take those pieces off for my audio install :)

oms
29-12-2006, 11:59 PM
while we're on the topic of quirks/annoyances

here are mine...

1. No external latch release for boot
2. no remote boot latch release
3. when listeneing to long MP3's (15mins plus), it takes forever to seek through the track
4. goose neck hinges in boot
5. glove compartment doesn't sit flush with dash
6. original floor mats already showing age 4 months down the track
7. interior plastics are very easily marked (scratched)
8. and that damn dust speck underneath my dirvers window tint!!!!

there are in relation to a civic vti 06 (aug)

apart from that, very happy (im happy anyways but worth a whinge)

JaCe
30-12-2006, 02:30 AM
The lack of external latch release for the boot does wear off eventually... but I still wouldn't mind having a button or something- or better yet, remote button.

My interior dash seems to get very dusty very easily ><

Also it's very annoying trying to mount things like a satnav/GPS because of the angle of the windscreen.

TurBIce
30-12-2006, 09:18 AM
Jace: hang ur satnav in the lil window on your right.
best place!