PDA

View Full Version : wiring up front speakers on a ek sedan.

nugget666
07-12-2006, 06:25 PM
ok i have found a 4 channel amp i am wanting to buy.

Is there a way i can hook up my front speakers without running new wiring into the door?. Putting my alarm wires into the door sucked giant donkey balls. so i would prefer to use the stock wiring.

Is this possible? and is it worth it because of the thin stock wiring?

Edit. couple amps specs wont hurt. Alpine MRV-F240 4/3/2 Channel V-Power Series Amplifier. I plan on running front and rear speakers so.

50W x 4 Bridged 4ohm; (0.3% THD)

These are the speakers im pretty sure i have.

http://www.eclipse-web.com/integrated/se8365.html

and i nthe rear.

http://www.eclipse-web.com/integrated/se8495.html

TEGNO1
07-12-2006, 06:39 PM
Hi, your right there its a huge pain to thread new wires through the grommets in the door, all you have to do is find the standard speaker wires, usually behind the kickpanels or along the outside lower sills, just look inside the door get the colours of the standard wires and the search for the same colours in areas stated then cut them where you want and attach the new ones running from your amp which will probably be in the boot or under the seat.(test you have the right wires cause there are others which are similar).Your not running a huge amount of power so you really won't notice any difference. later.

nugget666
07-12-2006, 07:05 PM
Alright thanks for your quick repsone. so it should be a fairly easy task. both wiries will be under both kick panels? what about hte left side? where hte computer is.

civic racer
07-12-2006, 07:08 PM
Can the amp you have be bridged to 2 channel mode if so only run your fronts off the amp. Can i also suggest buying a set of splits for the front instead of your coaxils huge sound improvment especially being amplified.

If you choose to buy splits instead follow the same steps as old mate above ^^^^^ told you. Place midbass driver in door find correct wires behind kick panel cut and add more wire and run them to ur crossover place tweeter in kick panel best place for them in Civics.

just my 2 Cents.

civic racer
07-12-2006, 07:09 PM
Sorry mate didnt realise you had already brought speakers. Yeah on the left side just loosen the 3 10mm bolts and move your computer out of the way.

TEGNO1
07-12-2006, 07:32 PM
If its really difficult locating the wires especially left ones, you can route the new wires from your amp to behind your deck, disconnect the wires running from your deck to your speakers(you wont need these anymore) and connect them to your new wires, Doing it this way is easier as you could just run new wires from your amp to behind the deck(no searching) and easily reconnect them back if you want to sell the car. later.