PDA

View Full Version : Car audio help required?

GIPONU
07-12-2006, 09:52 PM
Hi all. I have 2x 12" pioneer subs. 400w RMS 1000w Peak. And i want to run them. only them 2. I have a sony head unit with only 1 RCA out.

If any1 can help me i would like to know
1. How many Subs can a monobloc amp hold?(pioneer mono bloc 800w GM-7200M)
2. If it is possible to link 2 amps together with 1 RCA out?(pioneer 2 channel 300w GM-3200T)
3. How much power RMS out for each channel for running each sub?(my mate told me 125w will be anuf from each channel even though RMS for one sub is 400w)

And if you can be bothered, find me a link to a good site which has a mp that i require?
I just wanna get these subs pumpin. BTW my planned budget for the amp is below $300, cos im broke. cant work till school holidays. and Strathfield car radio's is selling stuff at amazingly low prices. :D

Thnx!
My name's Mcgyver (seriously it is!, and im asian...)

lilwilliam
07-12-2006, 10:07 PM
Why dont you sell you mono block amp and buy a two channel amp and make life easy lol.. As for a mono block amp i think it can only hold one or why would they call it a mono block but i may be wrong

aka_NSX
07-12-2006, 10:08 PM
Hi all. I have 2x 12" pioneer subs. 400w RMS 1000w Peak. And i want to run them. only them 2. I have a sony head unit with only 1 RCA out.

2. If it is possible to link 2 amps together with 1 RCA out?(pioneer 2 channel 300w GM-3200T)
3. How much power RMS out for each channel for running each sub?(my mate told me 125w will be anuf from each channel even though RMS for one sub is 400w)

I just wanna get these subs pumpin. BTW my planned budget for the amp is below $300, cos im broke.

1. u can run as many sub as u wish, as long as the final impedance is still matching with ur AMP

2. yes u can link them just use a Y adaptor

3. u bridge the 2 ch to 1 ch to get more power to run ur sub

u will never get a good result with an AMP under $300 :eek: especially to pump 400watts RMS sub

GIPONU
07-12-2006, 10:15 PM
Why dont you sell you mono block amp and buy a two channel amp and make life easy lol.. As for a mono block amp i think it can only hold one or why would they call it a mono block but i may be wrong

Wat are... u on about.. I dont have any amps atm buddy..

GIPONU
07-12-2006, 10:18 PM
1. u can run as many sub as u wish, as long as the final impedance is still matching with ur AMP

2. yes u can link them just use a Y adaptor

3. u bridge the 2 ch to 1 ch to get more power to run ur sub

u will never get a good result with an AMP under $300 especially to pump 400watts RMS sub

errmm, wats a final impedance?:confused: I know jack all about car audio..
Yeh i realised i cant get a gud amp to power 400w RMS under $300. But do uno how much RMS should i really need from a channel to power a single 400w RMS sub?

m3ntAL_l2
07-12-2006, 10:19 PM
y dont u go down to JB or autobarn n ask em when ur buyin the subS?!

GIPONU
07-12-2006, 10:21 PM
y dont u go down to JB or autobarn n ask em when ur buyin the subS?!

hehe, i already got the subs, and i already have a box for em.. I'm planning on going down to JB-HIFI when i have some time. But the shop is my second opinion..lol. thnx though

aka_NSX
07-12-2006, 10:25 PM
errmm, wats a final impedance?:confused: I know jack all about car audio..
Yeh i realised i cant get a gud amp to power 400w RMS under $300. But do uno how much RMS should i really need from a channel to power a single 400w RMS sub?

the unit for impedance is ohm, so if your amp can handle 2 ohms load means u need to make sure ur sub total impedance is not lower than 2 ohms otherwise ur amp will shut down.........

u need at least 400 watts rms AMP ......... very simple :D

GIPONU
07-12-2006, 10:27 PM
ooh.........

Errrr fcuk... I'll just find a alrite amp now then... THEN when i get a real job and a real car and outa skooling, then i'll find a 2channel 400w RMS amp..lmfao.. Thnx duude

stanleym
07-12-2006, 10:33 PM
go to car audio shop say this is wat i have wat do i need and plz install it...

easiest way to do it man if u got no knowledge about audio stuff but take a mate who has some idea wat the audio guys are talkin bout

GIPONU
07-12-2006, 10:37 PM
go to car audio shop say this is wat i have wat do i need and plz install it...

easiest way to do it man if u got no knowledge about audio stuff but take a mate who has some idea wat the audio guys are talkin bout

LMAO, i'll take u as a "mate" which i can bring along.jks. I dont think any of my mates/family know jack all about car audio.. Only closest person I can think of that knows car audio, is my friend's friend. And i dont know him..lol But he used to work at lifestyle store.. I'll ask my friend to ask him abit later..

bungsai
10-12-2006, 10:17 PM
<$300, Jaycar 4 x 130 or the Monoblock.

best bang for buck amp.

pizza_boy
14-12-2006, 02:20 PM

And if you can be bothered, find me a link to a good site which has a mp that i require?
I just wanna get these subs pumpin. BTW my planned budget for the amp is below $300, cos im broke. cant work till school holidays. and Strathfield car radio's is selling stuff at amazingly low prices. :D

Thnx!
My name's Mcgyver (seriously it is!, and im asian...)

get a gm-7200m, saw them today for 329, i was running same 2 subs of gm-7100, and got 136 db on them, but you really need to make sure that your wiring is very good, ground and power cables, and if you'll have budget later on get a capacitor, because you will need one to handle them, otherwise you light will dim a bit;)
monoblock has 1 channel, you just connect both subs in there, and that's it, you get them parallel, so impendence will be 2 ohm, and amp will give you 360 rms, i think so, which is perfect to run these 2 subs.

monoblock can hold as many subs as you want, you need more power for that, and know what you got, or 2 subs with 2 ohm, or 1 2 ohm sub, or 2 2 ohm subs, which can give you 1 ohm impendce, and need to know what monoblock can handle, what power does it need, all simple:thumbsup:

get a gm-7200 and 4 gauge wiring, make sure you ground is wired good. gl

GIPONU
14-12-2006, 09:05 PM
ye instead of gettin the monobloc amp i got a GM-6200F.. install it and stuff.. and the light does dim..lmao.. i havent tried it with my pioneer subs yet, bcos i traded my cousin for his subs temporarily.

pizza_boy
15-12-2006, 12:14 PM
ye instead of gettin the monobloc amp i got a GM-6200F.. install it and stuff.. and the light does dim..lmao.. i havent tried it with my pioneer subs yet, bcos i traded my cousin for his subs temporarily.

if you not going to take a part in competition, just for yourself, i reckon it's more than enough, otherwise you go deaf and stop your heart beating.
gl

mrwillz
15-12-2006, 03:37 PM
u will never get a good result with an AMP under $300 :eek: especially to pump 400watts RMS sub

u need at least 400 watts rms AMP ......... very simple :D

i fink i've got the same situation as u
under 300 will b very hard to find a monoblock
wot i did , was buy a cadence 2 chan when bridged 1x300rms which stil pumps prety hard into my pioneer 12 (i got tsw306c). having sed that im only running 1 sub. so u'll need to double up on that on a minimum.
i got my amp for about 350 back then

<$300, Jaycar 4 x 130 or the Monoblock.

best bang for buck amp.

this is a good choice as well if ur really tite on money.
:thumbsup:

GIPONU
15-12-2006, 03:40 PM
ye thnx dude, but i already bought my amp. a pioneer 4 channel GM-6200F. and i have 2 of them pioneer subs....

Now how do i close this thread....lmao

mrwillz
15-12-2006, 03:43 PM
a mod wil catch up n lok
hows ur system if installed???

GIPONU
15-12-2006, 03:46 PM
well its pretty neet since i installed it myself, home made box which looks dogy, amp goes on teh box.. and i havent tried it with my subs yet.. due to the fact my cousin borrowed them and i dont get them back till monday.. u mite see a red EM1 on that christmas cruise.. thats his car..

The dodgy thing about the job is that atm, the cabin light dimmers when a hard baat goess off.