PDA

View Full Version : CRX Seat mounting points

heist
08-12-2006, 10:26 AM
hey guys thought i would try here too....

just a quick question, the rear front seat mounting points (as in where the 2 rear bolts go into the raised part of the floor through the rails), are they the same in a crx as they are in a civic? cos the bit where the bolts go through have (the threaded part) has snapped completely off(the metal has beed torn).

i need to get it fixed asap and i was wondering if the civic is the same and i can just drill the spot welds out and weld in new mounting points....

oh and by the way you might want to check yours too, cos if u were in an accident cos the seat is only held in at the front 2 bolts you might go straight through the windscreen http://www.crxaustralia.com/forum/images/smilies/wink.gif

Dylanamus
08-12-2006, 03:15 PM
At a glance the mount points in an ED crx and a GL civic (my only personal comparison) looked the same. I would say some models would be the same, but others not (genious revelation?). I was comparing two cars from 88, probably shared half the same production line! Follow that line of thinking and you'll probably find the same kinda similarities in same year models.

heist
08-12-2006, 03:19 PM
just tro be specific, i do mean the AUDM ED9 crx and the ED AUDM Civic.

i guess ill just have to get some civic ones and compare...

Dylanamus
08-12-2006, 03:36 PM
The GL was a twin carb JDM model and the mounts appeared the same, so you're in with good chances in your case, mate. Sorry I can't be more specific. Good luck

Bayani
08-12-2006, 03:58 PM
Mounts, not rails, right?

Either way... gen 1 / 2 rails are different to each other.
EF/ ED