PDA

View Full Version : New forum area…. Event Planning

CTR Coupe
09-12-2006, 08:00 PM
After people complaining that event planning threads were getting lost in the lounge I thought it might be a good idea to have a forum just for event planning where expression of interest cruise/event threads can be posted. This should stop threads disappearing too far back to find and make it easier for people to participate in organizing cruises.

The steps for organizing an event would be as follows
1. Make an Expression of interest post in the new Event Planning forum
2. After details have been confirmed and debated about a date/time/location etc make a post in the current upcoming events forum with confirmed details.
3. After the event create a new thread in the past events forum.

There’s still nothing wrong with organizing cruises the same way we always have the new forum is just to make organizing cruises a bit easier and so expression of interests threads don’t get lost in the lounge.

I’d like to hear member’s opinions of this idea.

jdmlvn
09-12-2006, 08:02 PM
good work

destrukshn
09-12-2006, 08:52 PM
a great idea acutally.
gets my thumbs up.

Muzz
09-12-2006, 09:15 PM
me too! sounds good:thumbsup:

Q_ball
10-12-2006, 12:31 AM
I'd like to add that this new implementation will be monitored closely and similar with other parts of the forum, spamming will be monitored closely.
If you dont plan or attending, or have nothing of value to add, dont post. :)

Sensei
10-12-2006, 05:39 AM
Good idea, I vote for giving it a go.

A suggestion: A few boards I visit have local events/discussion of events divided into separate forums by State (NSW, QLD, VIC etc). I haven't been here too long, but would we benefit by implementing something similar?..or would that create excessive clutter?

Q_ball
10-12-2006, 08:06 AM
Good idea, I vote for giving it a go.

A suggestion: A few boards I visit have local events/discussion of events divided into separate forums by State (NSW, QLD, VIC etc). I haven't been here too long, but would we benefit by implementing something similar?..or would that create excessive clutter?
Its been covered before, state divided sections is not goin to be enforced.

|N|
10-12-2006, 08:11 AM
sounds good to me.. but more work for mods...
as long as mods agreeed to handle the extra load... i think its a good idea

dc2dc2dc2
10-12-2006, 09:42 AM
just plan it in the lounge it can't be that hard....seriously the minority rules the mejority on this website these days.

dont be lazy .

yourfather
10-12-2006, 09:57 AM
i dont like it.

i think that the thread subscription feature should be able to counter any negative issues with losing the stuff in the lounge.

plus, I dont think that making the forums larger is necessarily what is needed.

Because ~ if you create an event discussion area, I don't check all areas of the site every week. I havent looked at the Integra section for months.

panda[cRx]
10-12-2006, 09:59 AM
dont think its necessary. search for it ffs!
as yf said we dont need the forums any larger, it just makes it harder to monitor for a start

CTR Coupe
11-12-2006, 07:27 PM
YF and Panda you have valid points. I’m hoping that the new section might encourage people in the states with fewer members to organise meets. rather than having to commit to a date/time/location 100% right away they can feel it out and see if its worth having a cruise and when and where to. Yes its one more section to check but you really wouldn’t have to check it all that often.

yf the thread subscription is fine if you see the post in the first place but if you only check the lounge once a week the thread could be 3 pages back and you would never see it.
I doubt people would be bothered to search the lounge for cruise discussion threads in their area.

I hope this part of the forum will encourage more members to organise meets. Rather than leaving it up to the same guys all the time.

yfin
11-12-2006, 10:23 PM
Because ~ if you create an event discussion area, I don't check all areas of the site every week. I havent looked at the Integra section for months.

A lot of people don't check the lounge though... so it goes both ways. If you are looking for events discussion this way at least you can find it all in the one place.

dundas
11-12-2006, 10:43 PM
i like the idea. :)

Muzz
11-12-2006, 10:52 PM
yeah i think its good, i only ever see the cruise threads after theve happened, at least now there somwhere specificaly for it instead of lost in the lounge.

yourfather
12-12-2006, 12:34 AM
A lot of people don't check the lounge though... so it goes both ways. If you are looking for events discussion this way at least you can find it all in the one place.

well if that's the case, why not use the existing upcoming events thread with an EOI tag on the front.

I mean, the upcoming events doesn't have to represent entirely concrete planning.

SiReal
12-12-2006, 08:19 AM
I agree with yf - i guess rather than creating another forum, it only makes sense to have the "one click one touch" policy. Have one central repository for organising and upcoming events. When that event is concrete, the user will go into their thread and change the thread details to reflect confirmation.

yourfather
12-12-2006, 08:47 AM
either that, or you make a new one and get Q-Ball to delete ur old one.

we all know how much he loves to delete stuff

Q_ball
12-12-2006, 10:54 AM
either that, or you make a new one and get Q-Ball to delete ur old one.

we all know how much he loves to delete stuff

Bitch LOL
I'll delete this post if i could :p hahaha

It really doesnt bother me,
Either or will do me fine :)

yfin
12-12-2006, 06:15 PM
well if that's the case, why not use the existing upcoming events thread with an EOI tag on the front.

I mean, the upcoming events doesn't have to represent entirely concrete planning.

I don't have a problem with your EOI idea. That would work too.

Q_ball
12-12-2006, 06:20 PM
Both arguements are justifiable,
Its meerly a matter of a certain group that prefer one method over another.
I think admin should jst make another executive decision about this, and we leave it at that.
We're jst gonna have another 50 reasons for and 50 against the idea.

tony1234
14-12-2006, 06:51 AM
I'm for it.