PDA

View Full Version : strut bars

jimus888
10-12-2006, 08:38 AM
hey all,
looking at buying myself front and rear strut bars shortly. is there much difference between genuine ones, eg spoon, to the cheap ones, say on ebay. has anyone noticed any difference between them in.... or is it just bling factor having genuine stuff.
cheers

|N|
10-12-2006, 08:41 AM
genuine/big brand... doesnt ness. mean its good... inspect the design of it....

try not to get those that has weak point where it connects

SLOWEGG
10-12-2006, 09:09 AM
Brand ones are more stiff and stronger so it wont bend or flex.

chingaling
10-12-2006, 01:48 PM
umm.. my point of view.. i reckon the big brand ones are major focus on the Lite weight, and like cusco they are actually hand made so yeh .. a bit more expensive than the ebay one.. but the ebay one are working fine on my mates car so is good..

IndoStyler
11-12-2006, 02:19 PM
try find urself a 3 point strut for the front and 2 point for the rear... the 3 point 1 will stiffen up a fair bit compared to most 2 point struts

jimus888
11-12-2006, 03:28 PM
i have seen the 3 point ones on peoples cars, but havnt seen them for sale anywhere. does anyone know who sells them.

aaronng
11-12-2006, 04:31 PM
umm.. my point of view.. i reckon the big brand ones are major focus on the Lite weight, and like cusco they are actually hand made so yeh .. a bit more expensive than the ebay one.. but the ebay one are working fine on my mates car so is good..

Even cusco front strut bars bend. My friend's on his Euro is bent from normal driving through twisties. He doesn't track.

aimre
05-02-2007, 01:50 PM
so al go for ebay ones?

chingaling
05-02-2007, 02:03 PM
im confused =P

bennjamin
05-02-2007, 02:46 PM
try carbing if you want something pretty solid...2 point or 2 point and a straight bar. Bars with a slight curve ( to pass inlet manifold etc) or with adjustable connections are weak and will bend with the body of the car.

iced
08-02-2007, 12:12 PM
some ebay bars are really shithouse.
some are just as good as whiteline quality.

but a brace is a brace.
it will only break bend of the strut plates are really dodgy with crooked mounting holes and spastic welds

theres better things you can invest in suspension and tyres than loosing sleep over strut braces.

spoon brace for civic and integra's is a weird one ive seen.
i dont think its anything special
it has 1 support mount per strut plate.
http://server6.theimagehosting.com/image.php?img=spoonbrace.JPG
all of other braces ive seen have at least 2.

chingaling
08-02-2007, 07:45 PM
whcih means.. is very hard to find good one in ebay isn't it ? .. i think im gonna have a hard time to find braces for my ed than lol ..

PaZzMaN-R
08-02-2007, 10:23 PM
dont go to cheap as i have seen some of the ebay ones and they are pure and simply crap. i would rather use lego!!!!
try go for something brand orientated or that you can see is strong and built well, also how it mounts and where it mounts is important. but if you have done the sway bars and you so seriouse about your handling go a roll cage. if a roll cage isnt the rout you want to take theres an american brand which have some awesome struts which you dont get here. i dont know if they will fit your car tho.

theres always the DIY option which a mate of mine did. yeh it was heavier but damn strong:):) also provided the goods

Good luck with it mate.

EG5
08-02-2007, 10:39 PM
we carry carbing and rigid 3 points, spoon etc

PaZzMaN-R
08-02-2007, 10:53 PM
YONAS FTWWW!!!! ehehe

chingaling
09-02-2007, 01:47 AM
looked at ebay.. got a brand call BOMZ.. not BOMAX. .. anyone tried those bars ?

dsp26
18-05-2007, 07:50 PM
try carbing if you want something pretty solid...2 point or 2 point and a straight bar. Bars with a slight curve ( to pass inlet manifold etc) or with adjustable connections are weak and will bend with the body of the car.

damn i read this a week too late.

got an adjustable fstb.. seems solid but can't fit the chassis bar back on because of said curve.

which one is better to ultimately have:
- factory chassis bar
- or hollow type tightened (adjustable) fstb?