PDA

View Full Version : how do we make the euro faster?

notahonda
10-12-2006, 09:32 AM
hey just wandering besides an engine change, what things can be done to an accord euro to make it faster? and wat is roughly the cost of it all? e.g. currently it is estimated that the accord euro is 0-100km in mid 8 seconds... is there anyway of pulling that down to mid 6s? and this is to be done all without switching the engines... and if it is possible anyway know how much it would cost roughly.....??

dc2dc2dc2
10-12-2006, 09:33 AM
turbo :)

jamchen
10-12-2006, 09:40 AM
mid 8's? is urs auto or manual?
yeah like dc2^3 said, turbo is the only way u can achieve mid 6's..
and its not only turbo u also have to enhance ur engine internals and ur injectors etc... maybe talk to hondata?
i'd say u r looking at around max 10k mark for a professional job with quality parts...

notahonda
10-12-2006, 09:44 AM
nah im tossing up between buying an s2k or a euro ...... i know they are two different classes of cars ... but i know if i get the s2k now i would prolly get bored of it after a year or so .....

jamchen
10-12-2006, 09:46 AM
and you will miss out the rear seats and the boot...
two seater isn't really functional... unless u have another car...

industrie
10-12-2006, 09:48 AM
nah im tossing up between buying an s2k or a euro ...... i know they are two different classes of cars ... but i know if i get the s2k now i would prolly get bored of it after a year or so .....

the euro will never be as fast as an s2k, modded or non modded in terms of speed, your bettering off buying the s2k for the speed...and being different cars one is pure sports and one is luxury and great for daily driving...you can enhance the euro, where alot of members have done internal mods but you will have to pour money into it...

from what it seems if you want speed then the euro is not the car for you...

TypeG
10-12-2006, 10:20 AM
if u want speed, just dun go for Honda =)

Chris_F
10-12-2006, 11:32 AM
hey just wandering besides an engine change, what things can be done to an accord euro to make it faster? and wat is roughly the cost of it all? e.g. currently it is estimated that the accord euro is 0-100km in mid 8 seconds... is there anyway of pulling that down to mid 6s? and this is to be done all without switching the engines... and if it is possible anyway know how much it would cost roughly.....??

forget about the turbo... that's gonna cost more than its worth atm as theres no engine management or turbo kits available.

The best bang for the buck in terms of FI atm would be a supercharger.

Comptech has a supercharger kit released in the states and another company is also working on one. The last i heard Hondatech was considering importing this into australia and they also have a fully standalone ecu in the works which could probably be used with a supercharger setup.

In the states a supercharger in an auto made about 220whp, so that should see you into the mid 6's (or close too). I assume your's is an auto? A manual standard euro should do 0-100 in about 7.5 seconds

kam
10-12-2006, 11:43 AM
yeh like the supercharged ariel atom - 2 litre type r engine pushing 300hp :D

euro77
10-12-2006, 12:04 PM
there are a lot of mods done to the euro if you search on this forum.
headers, exhaust, piggyback ecu controller, reflash (still waiting for hondata), lighter pulleys, lighter flywheels are just some of them.

aaronng
10-12-2006, 12:06 PM
If you have the cash to spend, then get yourself a DC5R throttle body and slap it on with k-pro. Then you can do your turbo or what nots.

EuroAccord13
10-12-2006, 03:21 PM
Next Time... SEARCH! Alot of modifications on the Euro have been covered in this forum....

mj3610
10-12-2006, 03:33 PM

depends on the person but you're more likely to get bored of a euro than a s2k. euro is one of the nicest FWDs out there for its price range, but dont be expecting too much performance from them, cause u'll be in for a disappointment.

if u want speed, just dun go for Honda =)

true, but NA will always have a place in my heart :p

sodaz
10-12-2006, 05:50 PM
The manual Euro does 0-100km/h in about 7.8 - 7.9 seconds. The auto Euro does it in about 8.5 - 9.0 seconds. You can get a manual Euro down to high 6 seconds with intake, header, exhaust, pulleys, hondata. With the same mods on the auto, it should be slightly quicker than the stock manual (around 7.5 seconds to 100km/h)

e240
10-12-2006, 06:34 PM
How about throw out all the other seats...Strip the car clean..
Put really skinny wheels on and floor the accelerator like there's no tomorrow?

aaronng
10-12-2006, 06:38 PM
How about throw out all the other seats...Strip the car clean..
Put really skinny wheels on and floor the accelerator like there's no tomorrow?

You'll wheelspin and burnout like there's no tomorrow. http://forums.offtopic.com/images/smilies/laugh.gif

ALN
06-05-2007, 07:25 PM
the euro will never be as fast as an s2k, modded or non modded in terms of speed, your bettering off buying the s2k for the speed...and being different cars one is pure sports and one is luxury and great for daily driving...you can enhance the euro, where alot of members have done internal mods but you will have to pour money into it...

from what it seems if you want speed then the euro is not the car for you...

Are you so sure, mate? sorry no offence. K series engine get more potential than F series currently. Probably euro get more weight curb on but with 6-8 K spend on performance mods, I'm sure stock s2k gonna cry against euro. S2k is not that fast though. If you're talking about evo or sti, well that's different story.

d15z1SUX
06-05-2007, 11:26 PM
just look at the phase accord euro r in best motoring. i would get a euro one day if i needed a bigger car.

TheSaint
07-05-2007, 08:03 PM
what about one of those new 4 door CTR's?

aaronng
08-05-2007, 12:08 AM
what about one of those new 4 door CTR's?
Unfortunately, they are never coming here... :(

Limbo
08-05-2007, 12:12 AM
turbo your euro, it will be faster for sure

TheSaint
08-05-2007, 12:28 AM
wer only getting the 2 door?

aaronng
08-05-2007, 07:22 AM
wer only getting the 2 door?
yup.

didz