PDA

View Full Version : 7th gen accord, LCD?

VirIIx
03-06-2004, 05:49 PM
i've noticed how the US version has an LCD for their panel... and we don't even get one :s

Is it possible for us to mod it or import that setup and hook it up? if not anyone have any good solutions as to getting an lcd screen.

I just want one mainly for GPS Navi, but would be great for DVDs on the side and if possible, check up on engine management/stats :)

A'PEXi
03-06-2004, 11:52 PM
any pics?

VirIIx
04-06-2004, 12:17 AM
http://www.acura.com/images/tsx/tsx_gallpop_img6_int.jpg
US Version

http://www.honda.com.au/Accord/Euro/EuroLuxury/image+gallery/int_console.jpg
Aussie Version

aaronng
04-06-2004, 01:41 AM
I think that is the Acura satellite navigation system. If you could order it in, it'd be sweet. DVD player.......

OTOH, is it possible to transplant the TSX instruments (tacho and speedo) to the Euro? I like the blue colour.

Aaron

VirIIx
04-06-2004, 01:50 AM
i thought it would be nice as well if i could get that navi system built in..

better than sticking in a 3rd party on the bottom..

toE
04-06-2004, 01:51 AM
aaronng - u prolly could, but it'd be in mph hence rendering it illegal to use here...maybe! :)

aaronng
04-06-2004, 02:27 AM
Ahhh.. mph! :oops:
Hehe, guess I was too smitten by the blue colour and downward pointing needles.

Aaron

toE
04-06-2004, 02:31 AM
cant u just change the led bulb or sumfin?? :)

EuroAccord13
04-06-2004, 07:02 AM
The US gets the Sat Nav as an option in their Euros....

Dominik
04-06-2004, 08:47 AM
Also, if you get the US headunit, the control for the passenger temp is on the wrong side! But it would be a sweet unit!

aaronng
04-06-2004, 11:53 AM
cant u just change the led bulb or sumfin?? :)

The TSX's speedo and tacho are 2 equally sized dials, like the Integra Type R's, with the downward pointing needles. And has a lovely trip computer in the middle.

http://us.autos1.yimg.com/img.autos.yahoo.com/ag/acura_tsx_6speedmt_2004_dashboard_10_346x270.jpg

Aaron

ABS121
04-06-2004, 12:23 PM
They also get the Sat nav in Japan, we dont get it because its a whole new dashboard, not just a dealer fitted option, all the climate control and stereo displays get moved to the top of the dash lik e in the mazda 6 and the navi sytem sits front and centre.

sorry just not possible........

VirIIx
04-06-2004, 07:26 PM
bit of a shame really :(
i'll have to try and find a 1 DIN motorised LCD :( - they're expensive :(

Dominik
04-06-2004, 07:46 PM
Why not install an LCD in that huge bin under the stereo/headunit? It would still be visible by the driver/passenger...

VirIIx
04-06-2004, 08:30 PM
i'd prefer to have it hidden.. than just a standalone lcd..

Dominik
04-06-2004, 08:46 PM
That contradicts your original post in this thread! :)

mo
04-06-2004, 09:14 PM
God damn the NAV system is HOT :D

PERTH_EURO
04-06-2004, 10:22 PM
easy as to instal a lcd down in the din spot. Have it in such a way that the factory cover still works. I have already been advised that this is possible

To import that factory setup from the states would be mega $$$$

Be aware with any fold out units that when they open they dont hit/cover the lower controls. I have a singke din monitor from my old car, but it physically wont fit :(

VirIIx
05-06-2004, 01:40 AM
That contradicts your original post in this thread! :)

ahaha yes true, but the whole navi system integrated looks nice, i wouldn't want a 3rd party one say, not foldable (motorised) etc, to just sit there on the bottom. It would look nicer if it could fold away into 1 DIN, and leave the other DIN for whatever shrapnel i may have :)

otherwise, i could live with 1 DIN for fold out LCD and the din below for the dvd DIN player, rather than have it all integrated as that costs like a lot of money.

PERTH_EURO: you also have a valid point about the factory setup costing heaps, but looks so damn nice :) and yes, i would have to watch to see if the lcd comes out doesn't hit anything, but i suppose they can be tilt adjusted.

Dominik
05-06-2004, 10:25 AM
Fair enough... But i think that if you installed the LCD below, you could make it look factory. Perth Euro has a valid point though - the bottom of the fold out screens only stick out like 3-4cm max, and because the unit will be so low, you will need to tilt it back a bit, meaning that even if it does tilt enough to be visible it will be resting against the AC controls (another thing i dont like!)

On the other hand, the MANUAL fold out screens stick out at least half the height of the screen (if you can imagine, they come out flat, then you fold it up as opposed to the auto screens which fold up as they come out). This may be an option, but doesnt look anywhere as good as an auto screen!