PDA

View Full Version : remove sony head unit help

GIPONU
10-12-2006, 06:44 PM
Hi, i have a Sony CDX-GT250S in my car and i wanna remove it.
The instructions only tell me how to install it. and I got strathfield car radio's to install it. I wanna remove it so i can connect some wiring to the RCA but i cant get to it.
http://h1.ripside.net/GIPONU/DSC00342.JPG
Apparently the small ends go in on either sides and suppose to clip onto something then pull it out? Can anyone help me with this? I cbf asking strathfield to install everything for me when i can do it myself and save big buxx on other mods.lol thnx

tRipitaka
10-12-2006, 07:09 PM
have you got the manual for it ?

basically, you slide those two things on each side of the unit.. and you pull it out..

Fr3aKi3
10-12-2006, 07:25 PM
Is there a surround around the faceplate of the headunit? If there is, then the surrounds needs to be removed before you can slide the metal pieces in to get the headunit out of the mouting bracket.

stanleym
10-12-2006, 08:51 PM
wat car do u have for starters..

it depends how strathfield mounted it... if they didn't use a harness or screwed it to the chassis it wont come out... wat u need to do it remove the necessary plastics aorund the hu and have a look

where about are u located

GIPONU
10-12-2006, 09:25 PM
have you got the manual for it ?

basically, you slide those two things on each side of the unit.. and you pull it out..

Yeh i got a manual for it, the manual tells me how to install it..lol, it doesnt tell u the reverse.

GIPONU
10-12-2006, 09:26 PM
Is there a surround around the faceplate of the headunit? If there is, then the surrounds needs to be removed before you can slide the metal pieces in to get the headunit out of the mouting bracket.

Nar no faceplate, the tools can go rite in, but theres nufin to clip onto.lol

GIPONU
10-12-2006, 09:27 PM
wat car do u have for starters..

it depends how strathfield mounted it... if they didn't use a harness or screwed it to the chassis it wont come out... wat u need to do it remove the necessary plastics aorund the hu and have a look

where about are u located

Hehe, atm, im driving my dads camry, just to save money for an integra. Im pretty sure they did use a harness, cos they had to get it from 2 DIN to 1 DIN. and there is no plastic. just insert and pull out supposovly..lol

GIPONU
10-12-2006, 10:50 PM
LMAO dw fellas, its sorted.. I forgot i just had to remove the trim and get to the screws.. dammit..