PDA

View Full Version : hondatafied

h1coupe
12-12-2006, 03:23 AM
well I´m gonna start at the beginning.

I dropped my ecu off at the hondata booth at SEMA, there Doug the president of hondata took it and was gonna see what he could do.
few days later I contact Doug and he tells me the bad news that my ecu had a failure and was ruined, it was not a one of a kind deal, he has had many ecu failures in the past. So I do not think it was a failure just because mine was a different ecu then the TSX´s. Anyway he told me that he was gonna replace my ecu with a new TSX one and he reflashed that one.

he asked me if I wanted to have the immobiliser turned off and I said yes cause I wasn´t sure if the dealership over here would be able to flash the key to my new ecu. he also told me that I would have 2 check engine codes from the fact that the TSX has 2sensors that we don´t have and the ecu would send codes from not finding them. He also told me that with a few weeks more to look into this he can find a way to turn them off, which is what I´m gonna do someday when I can be without a car for a few days.

so I installed my new ecu today and got the check engine light as expected(will check soon what the codes are and see if there are any ways around them, like maybe adding those sensors from the TSX that we don´t have. I would think that we have the viring for them?)
I also get the blinking key light from the immobiliser being turned off, I just found out that I can get rid of this by just unplugging the plug from the immobiliser, will be done tonight.

I was worried that I might loose the trip computer. but everything works just like before.

the weather here is terrible so I haven´t driven it much today but I did take a little run and can tell you that it´s well worth having, you cannot feel the vtec come on at all, it´s just a seamless transition and the rev limit is raised to 7600rpm, the vtec crossover is at 4850rpm. I did get a 06TSX reflash and it seems to work fine although our 06 accord did not get the revised engine the TSX got.

as soon as I get rid of the check engine light and the immobiliser light everyting will be perfect

so now I´ve got a K&N typhoon intake, Stainless steal header and the reflash. stage 1 complete.

next up will be installing the comptech springs and hondata IMG that I´ve got laying around, then I´m gonna order a set of UR pulleys, a high flow cat and then I´m gonna wait for Ingalls to release a engine torque damper for us. and that should be it for stage 2.

I did have the car dynoed before the reflash when I had just the intake and header and it made 170.5whp@6770rpm and 224.7NM max@4300rpm.
so I will be dynoing again soon to see what the reflash is doing.

BiLL|z0r
12-12-2006, 05:48 AM
Well done at going to all that effort. Our reflash is different to theirs though isn't. Ours makes more power because it's designed around specific parts?

Tobster
12-12-2006, 09:15 AM
1. Kiss your insurance goodbye because of the reflash.
2. If they're OK with the reflash, kiss your insurance goodbye or watch the premium skyrocket because of the lack of immobiliser.

Pray your car never gets stolen.

TypeG
12-12-2006, 09:16 AM
2. If they're OK with the reflash, kiss your insurance goodbye or watch the premium skyrocket because of the lack of immobiliser.

i think some insurance do insure the car if u tell them u got ECU upgrade arent they

JasonGilholme
12-12-2006, 09:25 AM
Not if its removed the immobiliser.

aaronng
12-12-2006, 10:50 AM
He's not in Ozland. I think he's in Iceland. They might have different rules for insurance there.

BTW, h1coupe, that was a great risk and sacrifice you took to get your ECU reflashed. But now that is it done, you must be enjoying it heaps. :thumbsup:

yfin
12-12-2006, 03:00 PM
I did get a 06TSX reflash and it seems to work fine although our 06 accord did not get the revised engine the TSX got.

Great post :thumbsup: This part is really interesting - was that Doug's suggestion as not even the guys in the USA use the 06 flash on anything but the 06 model.

And did Doug say anything to you about fuel? Isn't the TSX ECU tuned for the fuel in the USA which is probably quite different to what you have (probably a European sourced fuel)? Your car is more suited for the flash we will be getting rather than the TSX flash.

aaronng
12-12-2006, 03:15 PM
Great post :thumbsup: This part is really interesting - was that Doug's suggestion as not even the guys in the USA use the 06 flash on anything but the 06 model.

It's not only the flash. He's running his Euro Accord with a TSX ECU!

yfin
12-12-2006, 05:48 PM
It's not only the flash. He's running his Euro Accord with a TSX ECU!

True - I am surprised the car even drives properly with that ECU

Peekay34
12-12-2006, 10:48 PM
It will run.... I had one in my car for a while. Only issue yes was the engine check light.... They have resolved that problem now. I am running with no immobiliser at the mo but it will be back on again shortly. My car is locked securly away only to be taken out when I either drive to my work or is always within my sight. ..... BTW update new headers should be back in the country hopefully next week.... with a new style intake.

EuroAccord13
13-12-2006, 12:19 AM
Less talk more photos Paul :D :D :D

h1coupe
13-12-2006, 09:56 AM

I think my warranty should be just fine, if I just get the check engine light fixed befor my next scedueled check.
and our insurance companies do not worry about immobilisers. we donīt have a problem with cars beeing stolen. we are a small nation, only 300000. and my car is the only brown type-s in the country so finding it wouldnīt be that hard.

h1coupe
13-12-2006, 09:58 AM
He's not in Ozland. I think he's in Iceland. They might have different rules for insurance there.

BTW, h1coupe, that was a great risk and sacrifice you took to get your ECU reflashed. But now that is it done, you must be enjoying it heaps. :thumbsup:

yes I am enjoying it alot. canīt wait to see what the dyno says. hoping for a dyno session next weekend?

h1coupe
13-12-2006, 10:03 AM

And did Doug say anything to you about fuel? Isn't the TSX ECU tuned for the fuel in the USA which is probably quite different to what you have (probably a European sourced fuel)? Your car is more suited for the flash we will be getting rather than the TSX flash.

Doug suggested only the 06 would be used, kinda sounded like that was my only option anyway.

I asked him if I should upgrade to a higher octane fuel and he said I shouldnīt have to. Iīm not sure if we get the same grade of fuel you get so I canīt confirm that my car would be better suited for the aus reflash?

we get 95/98 and 100oct.

BiLL|z0r
13-12-2006, 01:27 PM
we get 95/98 and 100oct.

We get the same. Car is quoted to run on 95, plenty put 98 in it and 100 is at a few servo's but is mixed with 5% ethanol.
We have 91/92 RON as well but that's for "normal" cars :)

yfin
13-12-2006, 05:43 PM
I´m not sure if we get the same grade of fuel you get so I can´t confirm that my car would be better suited for the aus reflash? we get 95/98 and 100oct.

What I mean is your car is closer to the Australian Accord Euro rather than the Acura TSX. They all look very similar but there are some differences (eg gearbox ratios, dash, ECU, interior, etc). Hence one of the reasons why you are getting the fault code. The Austrailan flash also appears to show more gains over base line compared to the US version. The TSX is also tuned for US fuel which is also very different to what we have.

h1coupe
16-02-2007, 02:01 AM
got the car dynoed after the reflash and got

about 3-5kw at top final number (average from 2runs) was 130.75kw atw(175whp) up from 170.44whp
and torque was up from 224.7NM to 247.5NM that was max not atw.

but like always with hondata the biggest gain was around 6000rpm where I gained around 24-25kw atw around 33whp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkYFCOgiYRw

tony1234
16-02-2007, 06:10 AM
Can't wait till we get Hondata/JTUNE.:D

BiLL|z0r
16-02-2007, 06:14 AM
Only 3-5kw after an ECU reflash. I was expecting 10+ at least. Can't wait to compare with J-Tune then.

aaronng
16-02-2007, 09:25 AM
Only 3-5kw after an ECU reflash. I was expecting 10+ at least. Can't wait to compare with J-Tune then.

It's well known that Hondata reflash boosts the midrange the most.

sendok
16-02-2007, 11:08 AM
I think my warranty should be just fine, if I just get the check engine light fixed befor my next scedueled check.
and our insurance companies do not worry about immobilisers. we donīt have a problem with cars beeing stolen. we are a small nation, only 300000. and my car is the only brown type-s in the country so finding it wouldnīt be that hard.

How about someone stole and respray your car? hehehe.. J/K..

anyway, insurance company will not give you + for your immobilizer, they only give you + when you put on an alarm that already safety proven and featured by them..

mr747
16-02-2007, 11:17 AM
same i cant wait

tron07
16-02-2007, 05:15 PM
How would the insurance know that you reflash and turn off the ECU if they cannot find the car and you dont tell them.

sendok
17-02-2007, 02:01 AM
How would the insurance know that you reflash and turn off the ECU if they cannot find the car and you dont tell them.

if you tell them, if they want to cover the ecu, they sometimes never ask anything and just let you in.. but like one of my friend, he doesnt got anything when he claim for it.. must be careful..

tony1234
17-02-2007, 10:47 AM
Spoke to James yesterday(JTUNE).He's waiting for headers to arrive.Group buy will be in 1-2 weeks,will run approx 3 weeks then approx.4 weeks after that for supply of kits.:p