PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Feels Funny

b4dnuf
12-12-2006, 12:56 PM
Hey guys kinda noob question but its got me thinking.
My clutch feels a bit funny when I clutch in, it feels like its rubbing against something. It doesnt do it all the time sometimes it's smooth as, but sometimes when I clutch in to change gears it feels like it rubs against something. There are no leaks from the cylinder that i can see. any ideas???? :confused:

jdm_kid
12-12-2006, 01:06 PM
when was the last time u changed ur clutch fluid or clutch?

b4dnuf
12-12-2006, 01:13 PM
Not in the last year thats for sure. :thumbdwn:

Limbo
12-12-2006, 03:31 PM
is it cable box? check the lines aren't being blocked.

Also a bleed of the clutch would be useful

b4dnuf
13-12-2006, 11:45 AM
Yeah I'll Bleed the clutch today. Hopefully that'll fix it cos its starting really buggin me. Lsat time this happened i had to replace the release spring for the bearing...

b4dnuf
13-12-2006, 06:30 PM
Ok so i tried to bleed the clutch only to find out i dnt have a bleed nipple as my clutch is not hydraulic. I have a B18a block and someone suggested to take the cable out and lubricate it.. any one else have any ideas...

JasonGilholme
13-12-2006, 06:37 PM
Do you dump the clutch hard between gears or anything??

Might need to machine the flywheel.

bennjamin
13-12-2006, 07:16 PM
i was about to say ur DA9 is cable clutched lol but your intuition beat me to it.

You CAN manually adjust the clutch pickup - at the gearbox look for the wire , there should be a small "adjuster" which you can rotate and adjsut the "feel".
get someone to slowly adjust it while you sit in the cabin pushing the clutch in n out , and get the right feel for you and see if that helps

b4dnuf
14-12-2006, 02:23 PM
Do you dump the clutch hard between gears or anything??

Might need to machine the flywheel.

No I dont Dump the clutch. try to make the transition as smooth as possible i dnt like that jolt u get if u dump it... :(

Yeah Thanks Ben I will do this tomorrow as i have to change the sump gasket as well might as well kill two birds with one hit.
I'll have no probs locating the cable adjuster since its right there not like the bleeding nipple i tried so hard to locate.. :confused: