PDA

View Full Version : New Section - PROJECTS??

SINISTR
13-12-2006, 10:41 AM
Would it be worthwhile having a PROJECT only section rather than cars being shown in appearance etc.

Stoosh
13-12-2006, 11:01 AM
its a good idea, but the problem is there are already so many forums set up for everything, it would just get too cluttered

there could be alot of good ideas for new sections but there would just be way to many forums to look at

SINISTR
13-12-2006, 11:17 AM
make one under the apparance gallery then - like photography is but for projects.

Twincam16
13-12-2006, 12:30 PM
Sounds like a good idea!

heist
13-12-2006, 12:34 PM
yeah good idea....cos i lost my project thread....then found it again cos someone replied....

and cos they are updated all the time, people lose track of them amongst all the appearance threads...

wynode
13-12-2006, 09:11 PM
How's this.

If your car is a Civic then make a thread in the civic forum and update it as you go along. If we have a few projects going then we can setup a sticky called "Project cars" and have a link to all the project cars.

Might be easier than having another forum setup IMO.

SINISTR
13-12-2006, 10:58 PM
Wyn,
yeah, could work, altho i think a subforum would work better - be easier. less work to keep clean and to update.

bennjamin
13-12-2006, 11:00 PM
just bump up your own with updates etc. And Pm a moderator to clean it up if needed :)

SINISTR
13-12-2006, 11:08 PM
Why do i get the feeling you just can't be bothered setting up another sub-section :P

SINISTR
13-12-2006, 11:20 PM
How's this.

If your car is a Civic then make a thread in the civic forum and update it as you go along. If we have a few projects going then we can setup a sticky called "Project cars" and have a link to all the project cars.

Might be easier than having another forum setup IMO.

I can see a couple sections that could be changed to have subforums rather than having seperate sections: (same setup as appearance with photography and Detailing)

Technical: could have NA/Forced Induction/Suspension&Handling/DIY&Reviews as subforums - to cut down on the 'height of the forums'

Instead put a 'Projects' link - and a project means something thats being done over a long period, a rebuild, engine swap etc - not a car that had a kit fitted as a mod, thats appearance.

wynode
14-12-2006, 09:18 PM
Why do i get the feeling you just can't be bothered setting up another sub-section :P

It only takes a couple of minutes to create a new sub-forum. But that doesn't mean we go around creating new sub-forums as we please :)

I can see a couple sections that could be changed to have subforums rather than having seperate sections: (same setup as appearance with photography and Detailing)

Technical: could have NA/Forced Induction/Suspension&Handling/DIY&Reviews as subforums - to cut down on the 'height of the forums'

Instead put a 'Projects' link - and a project means something thats being done over a long period, a rebuild, engine swap etc - not a car that had a kit fitted as a mod, thats appearance.

Just to get a rough idea....how many threads do we actually have or people's project cars?

Q_ball
14-12-2006, 09:21 PM
I dont think its enough to be feasible.
Majority of projects are posted in their respected tech forums:

eg. My turbo app was posted in Forced Induction.
NA monsters posted under All Motor

Imo, no need for such an implementation.

Eclipsor
02-01-2007, 03:47 PM
possibly another idea along the same lines is a "members rides" section. It works on a accord forum I read. It has a strict thread title rule ie. username: year car model. People simply update their thread when they do something whether it's part of a project or a small mod. People also just discuss stuff about the car in the thread.

egSi
02-01-2007, 04:12 PM
imo there isnt a need for it atm.

i like the model based thread idea,

mike just make a thread in the crx forum man :thumbsup:

AUS2k
05-01-2007, 10:20 PM
i think model based is the best