PDA

View Full Version : Rsr Headers

turbo convert
13-12-2006, 11:41 AM
i Got a set of rsr headers on my em1 B16a2, now iam thinking of buying either a dc5r or dc2r next year, when i do can i keep my headers to put on new car, cause iam happy with my rsrs?
Thanks guys

Chi
13-12-2006, 11:51 AM
If the headers are designed originally for B16a then it wont fit , on the dc2r it will hit hte oil pan
If theyre designed for a B18c originally itll fit teh Dc2R

They definately wont fit DC5R, totally different engine.

JasonGilholme
13-12-2006, 12:07 PM
Its a bit touch and go with B series headers. Some b16 headers will fit b18 but only because they're slightly lower and have a bit more clearance.

DC5R is a K series engine. Totally different arrangement all together.

turbo convert
13-12-2006, 01:12 PM
thanks guys maybe if/when i sell up i will just take them and see how i go if i get a dc2r, worst comes to worst i sell them

Dylanamus
13-12-2006, 03:31 PM
What about if you take the reverse approach and get b18c headers for your b16a now and just get a custom pipe connector job set up by an exhaust shop (cheap to do) so the collector meets up with the exhaust... then all the hard work will be out of the way and the transition will be just bolt and play.

The only question is how much lower is that going to place the header on your b16a? Seem to be lots of people with b18cs in their EGs though, so the actual clearance is probably an easy work around?