PDA

View Full Version : 06 Civic Sports Recalls

mekros
13-12-2006, 04:49 PM
I booked in for my 1000km service on Saturday and the service department said that there is a recall for the Civic Sports! There is something wrong with the power steering electrical ..... ? Are you guys aware of this?

Thankfully mine has already been corrected in the factory :)

Rice_4_life
13-12-2006, 08:21 PM
.. old news, it's the EPS recall, apparently they lose power steering, dunno dont drive one

chylld
16-12-2006, 07:47 AM
more info here:

http://ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54330&highlight=recall

and here:

http://www.recalls.gov.au/view_recall_detail.php?Recall_ID_Auto=14420

HondaTechy
16-12-2006, 08:52 PM
ive done the recall nothing major.Out of 6 or 7 inspection only two have required control units replacing

panda[cRx]
17-12-2006, 12:25 PM
as HT says its nothing too drastic. people on forums tend to blow it out of proportion using words like 'recall' (honda uses the less scary sounding 'campaign' lol)

there are various 'campaigns' for most models out, eg. the accords have a campaign requiring a new power steering hose and cooler.
most campaigns involve a few tests, if the car fails the test it has parts replaced. if it passes (which they usually do) then nothing is replaced.

if you look in you drivers door near the hinges you can see the stickers for the campaigns carried out on your vehicle. they are small white stickers with the code for the campaign on it eg. 5GK, 5EP etc etc

Rice_4_life
17-12-2006, 02:57 PM
lol how annoyin do those power steering recalls get? watchin sum poor bloke at work doin like 4-6 in one day O.o. the eps one is muc better, plug and play and replace if neccessay

Whispaa
18-12-2006, 10:18 AM
Just found out mine needs to be fixed as well.

Is it a really serious matter or can I wait till later on to get it fixed up?

It's a pain because the place near me don't do it on the weekends...

chylld
18-12-2006, 10:22 AM
i think hardly any service centres are open on weekends... i think as long as the symptoms aren't affecting you too badly, it'd be safe to wait until your next scheduled service

in the meantime just pray it doesn't stuff up while you're turning right at a busy intersection :)

Whispaa
18-12-2006, 10:28 AM
in the meantime just pray it doesn't stuff up while you're turning right at a busy intersection :)

Thanks buddy, I'll be taking back streets now lol

No lights or anything have come up so far... Should be due for the next servicing in a couple of months... 20k or 15k?.... If I die, I'll come back for you! :p