PDA

View Full Version : Tweeter question for Civic

XP02ED
14-12-2006, 12:59 PM
Hey guys, wondering where or what is the best place to place my tweetrs

currently have it where the side mirrors are inside..

planning it make a whole on the door panel

any suggestions?

i got pioneer TSC-1625 by memory

destrukshn
14-12-2006, 01:02 PM
i've made a whole in my door.
but.. that's just the common easy way.
lol.
try positing the tweeter places with blu-tak and see what you like best,

Slow96GSR
14-12-2006, 02:02 PM
Unless you want sound quality. Then there is a lot of math involved, it's a sound wave thing. I'll scan some manuals and post them later.

funkdr
14-12-2006, 06:09 PM
As above get the blue tac out and extend the wires have a play to find out where u want them.

mrwillz
14-12-2006, 06:10 PM
i have myn near the front door handles
sounds good from there

XP02ED
14-12-2006, 09:12 PM
oo thanks guys

yeh im planning to go with door trim, but i think i need like a cover so the tweeter can stay in place?

any1 got any idea what these are called?

teaseR
14-12-2006, 11:37 PM
it just depends what type of tweeters and brand u have
coz i know some would sound good facing directly to u and some sounds better side on... (in doors)

mrwillz
15-12-2006, 08:15 AM
oo thanks guys

yeh im planning to go with door trim, but i think i need like a cover so the tweeter can stay in place?

any1 got any idea what these are called?

no mounting came wif ur tweeters?

GRU53M
15-12-2006, 08:58 AM
I have my tweeters in the door panel near the handle and they sound great, and your after flush mount mounting cups for the tweeters, try going in to your local car stereo shop and see if they have some to match your tweeters, We (BDL car stereo) have heaps of mounting cups.

Hope this helps you out
Cheers Stephen

civic racer
15-12-2006, 04:12 PM
Best place for civics is in the kick panels ive got mine there and have won many awards

XP02ED
17-12-2006, 12:36 AM
nah it came with no mounts, i actually got this of a mate he gave it to me! LOL

oh civic racer, wheres the kick panel? LOL me noob with terms

ps.. will check out audio store to see if they got tweeter mounts! just the top oppposite to mirrors look abit chatty!

civic racer
17-12-2006, 01:16 PM
Down near ur feet.

Thats my old Type R Tweeter.

XP02ED
17-12-2006, 01:24 PM
not a bad idea, to bad my civic doesnt have that panel! DAMN EG's!

i think best place is the door trim! will check out a local audio store when time is available!

mrwillz
17-12-2006, 05:00 PM
having down there is meant to b 'perfect stage'

muhhan
17-12-2006, 06:59 PM
How does having the tweeters in the kick panels improve the sound stage? I thought it would pull the whole sound stage down towards your feet. I have mine mounted on the a-pillars so that it sounds as if the performer is on my dash. The tweeter on the right side a-pillar is facing the headrest of the passenger seat and the tweeter on the left a-pillar is pointing at the driver's headrest.

tRipitaka
17-12-2006, 07:08 PM
How does having the tweeters in the kick panels improve the sound stage? I thought it would pull the whole sound stage down towards your feet. I have mine mounted on the a-pillars so that it sounds as if the performer is on my dash. The tweeter on the right side a-pillar is facing the headrest of the passenger seat and the tweeter on the left a-pillar is pointing at the driver's headrest.

basically you want both tweeters to have the same distance away from you..
if you have it on the a-pillar, the right tweeter will be ~2ft away from you, and the left will be ~3/4ft..

being down in the kickpanels will give your right tweeter ~3ft away, and the left ~3/4ft..

providing a better sound stage

muhhan
17-12-2006, 07:28 PM
oh so that's the principle behind it. With higher frequency sound being more directional you'll definitely be able to tell that the voices are coming from down low. I think the sound stage issue is one that you'll always struggle with in the car because of limited space and mounting positions. Although not ideal, some compensation can be made by most head units.

tRipitaka
17-12-2006, 07:30 PM
http://www.fastfoursforumscarclub.com/temp/fhrxstudios/faq.asp#12

mrwillz
17-12-2006, 07:33 PM
nice work trip