PDA

View Full Version : my suspension....

gbang007
14-12-2006, 10:34 PM
i am getting my guards rolled tomorrow to stop it form scrubbing. i have koni yellows which i am going to get lowered to what it can be and stiffened up a bit at the rear.....i dont know how low the konis will drop my car because the gap now is still fairly large and i have been told they only drop it a bit.....so i am looking at getting new springs.....eibach or spoon...........i only want to lower it about 1.5" to 2 at the max..........but firstly i will lower it using the konis and then see how we go. i heard eibach and koni are good together.......i am not using the car for track....just street driving.........is it still a fairly comfortable ride using these springs? how do i know what spring rate to get? i want to still have a comfortable ride aswell....or as comfortable as possible......would i need bumpstops? i need help....i have searched......btw....i have an ek1

egSi
14-12-2006, 10:50 PM
KONI and EIBACH combo is very good for street use. Eibachs ride much nicer than allot of springs out there. bump stops are recommended, that can save premeture wear on your shocks.

also to stiffen/flatten you rear end why not install a Whiteline Rear Swaybar?

you can get differing thicknesses and even adjustable ones :thumbsup:

MaskedAP1
15-12-2006, 04:11 PM
eibach pro kit will give all you need on street. it will lower your car a bit but not too much, probably 1 finger gap between wheel and fender. for extra stiffness, just play with the koni yellow.

muhhan
16-12-2006, 06:21 PM
From memory the Eibach Prokit springs lower 1.5" (approx 38mm) in front and 1.3" (approx 33mm) in the rear on the EKs. Spring rates and optimal ride height is all figured out by the engineers who design these springs so you can just enjoy them. The Koni Yellow shocks will allow for further lowering as you probably know.