View Full Version : H22A into EG Civic sedan (Recommended suspension changes)

Jarkz
15-12-2006, 03:07 AM
I have had a brief look in the "suspension/handling" forum on this topic and could not find anything?

I plan on not using coil-over suspension due to the cost involved.

I have heard that using DC2 Integra front & rear struts, springs, sway-bars and strut-braces will assist with the extra weight of fitting a H22A into a EG Civic, is this ture? :(

Has anyone out there performed this conversion and what changes are involved to make it handle the H22A?

If coil-overs are my only option (I hope not) I guess I'd better start saving my $$$.

Any Info on this topic will be much appreicated.....:thumbsup:

krogoth
15-12-2006, 09:47 PM
im not sure about teg suspension going on to an eg

but my advice is....wen u do an engine conversion....esp one as major as urs, u cant cheapen off on the other things

ur goin from a 1.6L to a 2.2L, huge jump

u need to change ur brake pads, rotors, calipers, the works

suspension.....chuck out all the old stuff, that will be completley useless and unsafe to drive with

get the best coilovers money can buy, buddyclubs....hks, watever, something exceptional

i dont know if the teg parts will work with ur eg, but if they do, i still think thye wont cut it....a DC2 will prob still be lighter than the eg wit the h22a.....and the eg with a h22a and a dc2 are very very diff cars, i just dont think DC2 sussy will go too well with ur setup

this is all my speculation, IMHO, i would go for coilovers, though the DC2 sussy may be suitable

EG5
15-12-2006, 10:01 PM
To run dc2R suspension on EG :
use dc2r / jdm eg6 rear lower control arm.
as simple as that
we got some dc2r stock suspension in stock if you are interested

Jarkz
16-12-2006, 03:02 AM
To run dc2R suspension on EG :
use dc2r / jdm eg6 rear lower control arm.
as simple as that
we got some dc2r stock suspension in stock if you are interested

Thanks for the quick response EG5 :thumbsup:

Me & ASIMO thought it would be possible to swap/change Integra suspension into the EG body to assit with handling issues. Do you have the DC2R/EG6 rear lower control arms also? If so how much $$$ will both the control arms & DC2R suspension set me back?

Lastly.... Have you performed the H22A/EG Civic conversion and used this method? If so what suspension changes are required for the rear (If any)?
Also... any other parts/information to assit with the best handling possible with this conversion would be much appreicated :thumbsup:

Thanks...... JaRkZ......