PDA

View Full Version : Starting car problem for LS

-MuGen PoWer-
15-12-2006, 11:29 AM
Integra LS is having problems starting. The car had difficulties in starting but only til now that when i leave it overnight it wont start. The engine turns over and all, makes a sound like it wants to start but not enough fuel is pumped (or thats what i think). car shakes when trying to start like its getting a bit of fuel but not enough to start
Its not the relay cause that was replaced recently.

What could be the problem? fuel pump? injectors? fuel injection? starter motor? blocked fuel lines?

What should i do or is there any mobile mechanics out there, that are able to come and fix? cause right now i cant start it to drive bring it to a mechanic

any help is appreciated

-MuGen PoWer-
16-12-2006, 10:04 AM
can anyone help??

ECU-MAN
16-12-2006, 10:22 AM
could be the main pgmfi relay or the coil

look in the DIY section there are DIY's for both

Edgeauto
16-12-2006, 11:10 AM
Start with the basics, check for fuel pressure and for spark. As ECU-MAN said check the DIY section.

string
16-12-2006, 03:41 PM
Fuel, Compression, Spark, Timing. One at a time, check them out, because if you had all four, then we wouldn't be hearing from you.

-MuGen PoWer-
18-12-2006, 09:29 AM
Ive realised that before when the car did start, everytime it started it idled really low and sounded like it was running on 3 cylinders until i revved it or left it like a minute and then the car would sound normal again.

im not a very technical person =(
and i have limited tools so im willing to pay anyone that can fix the problem

EuroDude
18-12-2006, 10:47 AM
Bad Dizzy ftw

Mr_will
18-12-2006, 10:59 AM
main relay. there is a diy on it, us that and it'll either fix the problem or eliminate one potential source

EuroDude
18-12-2006, 11:10 AM
Ive realised that before when the car did start, everytime it started it idled really low and sounded like it was running on 3 cylinders until i revved it or left it like a minute and then the car would sound normal again.

Bad dizzy ftw (Distributor coil/ignotor/cap)

...unless the spark plugs or spark leads are in bad condition and need replacing. Or the fuel pump is on its last legs.

-MuGen PoWer-
18-12-2006, 11:52 AM
yeah im thinking its either the fuel pump or dizzy
I need to get someone 2 have a look and fix the problem.

EuroDude
18-12-2006, 11:57 AM
^ PM sent

-MuGen PoWer-
21-12-2006, 01:34 PM
UPDATE!
I took out the spark plugs and it was drenched and all black.
I cleaned it all off and put it back in and started and it was a bit of a rough start but started fine.
Now my question is, did the spark plugs get wet due to the many attempts of starting the car and the EFI jsut kept pumping fuel in?
All that time the car was trying to start on 1 or 2 cylinders.

So i guess to fix the problem is to buy new set of spark plugs??