PDA

View Full Version : Odyssey Owner: Installed 7" indash monitor w/ DVD on the front panel

aka_NSX
15-12-2006, 10:02 PM
just finish custom installed 7" indash monitor all in one DVD player on the front panel of my Odyssey, and running through the AUX of the OEM H/U,

next step will be 13" roof mount monitor

Before

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3679&stc=1&d=1166267903

After

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3645&stc=1&d=1166184060

L-Plates
15-12-2006, 11:00 PM
laski can u give me one for free for my car please..:P
ahahahah
its nearly christmas and birtday:P
ahahh
PLEASE...:p:p:p
AHAH
nah it look good....

civic racer
16-12-2006, 03:12 PM
Great job mate, is that a custom panel its sitting in ??? better watch out for the boys in blue they might get you for obstuction of view.

aka_NSX
16-12-2006, 09:16 PM
laski can u give me one for free for my car please..:P
ahahahah
its nearly christmas and birtday:P
ahahh
PLEASE...:p:p:p
AHAH
nah it look good....

lol, just put on ur Xmas wish list u never know maybe santa might listening to ur wish :D

Great job mate, is that a custom panel its sitting in ??? better watch out for the boys in blue they might get you for obstuction of view.

yes, before it was a small pocket with lid on top, thanks for reminding me

EuroDude
19-12-2006, 09:08 AM
nice.

but doesnt that big screen get in the way when driving?

akira
19-12-2006, 09:47 AM
nice work

aka_NSX
19-12-2006, 03:17 PM
nice.

but doesnt that big screen get in the way when driving?

nah, it seems like that but actually its fine coz odyssey windscreen is very big

nice work

thanks

evolution
02-01-2007, 11:52 PM
just finish custom installed 7" indash monitor all in one DVD player on the front panel of my Odyssey, and running through the AUX of the OEM H/U,

next step will be 13" roof mount monitor

Before

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3679&stc=1&d=1166267903

After

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3645&stc=1&d=1166184060

Hi, I'm new here..

Saw the roof mount install on your sister's Odyssey Lux, just wondering when you installed it did she loose the use of the sunroof?
I read the Audiovox MMD85 installation manual (only installation manual I could find online) and the unit had to be screwed onto the roof support beam. The Odyssey Lux sunroof just happens to retact back to into the same area where a roof mounted TV would usually be placed.
I'm thinking of putting in a Alpine TMX-R102 monitor into my Odyssey, would you know if that could be installed?

Thanks

aka_NSX
03-01-2007, 08:49 AM
Hi, I'm new here..

Saw the roof mount install on your sister's Odyssey Lux, just wondering when you installed it did she loose the use of the sunroof?
I read the Audiovox MMD85 installation manual (only installation manual I could find online) and the unit had to be screwed onto the roof support beam. The Odyssey Lux sunroof just happens to retact back to into the same area where a roof mounted TV would usually be placed.
I'm thinking of putting in a Alpine TMX-R102 monitor into my Odyssey, would you know if that could be installed?

Thanks

hey, i think my sister would kill me if she cant open her roof, yes u can install it there.......
the screen wont effect your sunroof coz the sunroof when its open its not going in but its going out.........TRUE ??? :D

yes, you can fit the Alpine TMX-R102 mon, have u ever think of a bigger screen ? coz on mine i'm waiting for a bigger screen and if u need some car audio stuff, u should PM me i might can get u for a quite good price,

cheers

evolution
03-01-2007, 10:00 AM
hey, i think my sister would kill me if she cant open her roof, yes u can install it there.......
the screen wont effect your sunroof coz the sunroof when its open its not going in but its going out.........TRUE ??? :D

yes, you can fit the Alpine TMX-R102 mon, have u ever think of a bigger screen ? coz on mine i'm waiting for a bigger screen and if u need some car audio stuff, u should PM me i might can get u for a quite good price,

cheers

lol..
What I actually meant by the 'part that retacts back' is the fabric layer(I think its called the sun screen layer) and not the glass part of the sun roof..hahaha... must have sounded like an idiot!

I'm still looking at installing some other stuff as well.. front mounted screen.. DVD player, TV tuner, iPOD controller.. maybe sat nav as well.. all hooked up to the factory system using the Alpine Vehicle Hub.

Any suggested configurations or equipment?

Thanks

aka_NSX
03-01-2007, 07:39 PM
lol..
What I actually meant by the 'part that retacts back' is the fabric layer(I think its called the sun screen layer) and not the glass part of the sun roof..hahaha... must have sounded like an idiot!

I'm still looking at installing some other stuff as well.. front mounted screen.. DVD player, TV tuner, iPOD controller.. maybe sat nav as well.. all hooked up to the factory system using the Alpine Vehicle Hub.

Any suggested configurations or equipment?

Thanks

:D :D now i got it, yes u still can clear the cover as long as u dont use a long screw .......

tell u the truth the TV tuner is really a waste coz u will never can get a good reception while is moving, u rather spend on something else. can u please send me some link about the Alpine Vehicle Hub

the way i'm doing on mine: Front 7" indash all in one DVD player can control ipod, hook up to the AUX I/P but i hardwire it from the back of the OEM H/U, then the front screen video O/P go to the rear roof mount screen with built in DVD player so i'll have 2 dvd player in mine so the rear video O/P is going to the video I/P of the front screen as well, so i can watch the rear movie at the front also the rear can watch the front movie one too, its getting complicated :D , i hope this will give u an idea, if u r in sydney, please come and i'll show u, cheers

AusAccord
03-01-2007, 07:42 PM
which Alpine Vehicle Hub fit the Ody's originanl HU? thinking the same for all the ICE even with reverse camera can activite the screen direct.

evolution
04-01-2007, 12:33 AM
:D :D now i got it, yes u still can clear the cover as long as u dont use a long screw .......

tell u the truth the TV tuner is really a waste coz u will never can get a good reception while is moving, u rather spend on something else. can u please send me some link about the Alpine Vehicle Hub

the way i'm doing on mine: Front 7" indash all in one DVD player can control ipod, hook up to the AUX I/P but i hardwire it from the back of the OEM H/U, then the front screen video O/P go to the rear roof mount screen with built in DVD player so i'll have 2 dvd player in mine so the rear video O/P is going to the video I/P of the front screen as well, so i can watch the rear movie at the front also the rear can watch the front movie one too, its getting complicated :D , i hope this will give u an idea, if u r in sydney, please come and i'll show u, cheers

Unfortunately, I'm in Perth.

Here's what I've got from the alpine website about the Vehicle Hub that I was talking about.
http://www.alpine.com.au/vHub/index.html

Only reason I was considering it was that I wanted to join multiple sources and still keep the original head unit for radio.

If a TV tuner is a waste of time, then I might go for a simpler setup. Please tell me if you think this is possible....

1) Remove CD changer, freeing up 2 input jacks, CD and AUX
2) Attach iPod using this product from Dension - 'ice>link plus'. This will still allow me to use the factory unit and steering wheel controls to control the iPod. http://www.dension.com/icelinkplus.php
3) Install an Alpine DVE-5207 DVD/MP3/CD player to where the changer use to be.
4) Hook up the DVD player a/v out to an Alpine TMX-R102 roof mount.
5) Then run a video out from the roof mount to a front mount screen and the audio out to the factory head unit via the AUX input.
6) With the front mount screen I thought of hiding it in the top glove compartment. Attaching it to the roof of the compartment lid using some sort of hinge so that it can swivel up and down, and I can close the lid when not in use. Thinking of using an Alpine TME-M580 5.8" screen maybe? This unit has a possibility to attach to a alpine Sat Nav system if they ever sell it here.

I'm trying to make it all look factory fitted...

aka_NSX
04-01-2007, 07:27 AM
thats sound good, when its done please PM me with a link of ur odyssey

yeah i was thinking of installing in the top compartment that can go in and out but seems like only the small screen can fit, i prefer bigger maybe u should try bigger it might be fit..........