PDA

View Full Version : interstate buying

YLDCRD
17-12-2006, 11:44 AM
Hi ive found a car in adelaide and im pretty interested. But im from Victoria. Though i asked the seller if it comes with a roadworthy. and he had no idea what that was. So does that mean Adelaide doesnt have that roadworthy system?
How can i be certain that the car wil be easily roadworthied in victoria, If i cant even get one from their??
please help me on this one...:eek:

EK4R
17-12-2006, 12:27 PM
buddy this is wat you need.

1 x letter of ownership ( get a letter written by the seller which state the car is now yours and have both of you signed )

1 x RWC (which you need to get in VIC! can not be in other states )

1 x Permit slip for driving in VIC with a SA rego ( optional )

i think that was it. and just pick up the car and drive it back. you dont really need a permit slip as long as you de-rego and re-rego in VIC pretty soon.

the will send the SA plates back to the owner and you just purchase your own plates + stamp duty + admin fees + rego etc.

just inspect the car before you buy tho.

kongfu
17-12-2006, 04:07 PM
It's better to do a RACV full inspection before you purchase the car.

Just use SA rego until its expired, then transfer to VIC rego. For example, March 2007 expire, u can drive the vehicle until March, but you need to write an agreement with the owner upon the purchase.
Bring VICROADS transfer form to SA when you purchase the car. Let the owner write down his/her detail and you lodge the form to VICROADS.

EK4R
17-12-2006, 06:53 PM
RACV are shit dont worry bout them they dont do nothin usful.

get a reputable mechanic to check the car and make sure he knows Hondas.

blueoval
07-02-2007, 11:33 AM
Sorry to hijack this thread, but how would I go about buying a car from NSW if I live in SA? Would I need to do the same as you have mentioned above? In SA we dont have RWC. What are the legalities and risks involved?

muhhan
07-02-2007, 09:31 PM
Check out the TransportSA (or whatever it's called now, they keep changing their name!) website there is information buried somewhere in there about registering cars from interstate. Or you could always email/phone the respective transport authorities to get the word from the proverbial horse's mouth, instead of going by hearsay.

Otherwise, same as normal applies for inspecting the car. You'd want to make sure it is in pretty healthy condition if you're planning to drive it back from interstate. It would just be annoying, not to mention embarrassing if the car broke down half way between Adelaide and Melbourne!

blueoval
07-02-2007, 10:58 PM
Check out the TransportSA (or whatever it's called now, they keep changing their name!) website there is information buried somewhere in there about registering cars from interstate. Or you could always email/phone the respective transport authorities to get the word from the proverbial horse's mouth, instead of going by hearsay.

Otherwise, same as normal applies for inspecting the car. You'd want to make sure it is in pretty healthy condition if you're planning to drive it back from interstate. It would just be annoying, not to mention embarrassing if the car broke down half way between Adelaide and Melbourne!

Thanks muhhan, I agree with ya there. Thats the last thing I want.

My mates dad works in the motor registration department here in SA, I'll chat to him and see what he says about it.

ngc2359
21-02-2008, 12:19 AM
does anyone know which transport companies to use to bring car from eastern states to perth?

EK4R
21-02-2008, 01:41 PM
does anyone know which transport companies to use to bring car from eastern states to perth?

i got my car from perth to melb. so i guess its the same deal bring it back.

Used TNT logistics. quick and easy, and price was good too.

SeverAMV
21-02-2008, 02:59 PM
as of yet there is no rwc system in SA, so you will have to get the rwc in your state.

as for buying a car in another state, i think all you have to do is either show the rwc to transportSA and see if it fits in with the sa legalities, or have it verified at regency. make sure you get the right permits to drive it back tho.

azn_k3nt
29-02-2008, 08:06 PM

yeah call virgin blue and fetch ur car LMAO!!!!!!!!!

jks man...yeah to the post previously TNT is the only popping around my head now unless u want 2 drive aus post O_O" lmao!!! :P

T-onedc2
08-03-2008, 04:15 PM
I bought my car from Melbourne, they are required to have RWC in order to sell a car from what I understand. Either way once in SA you need to go to Regency before you can register it so make sure it's stock or close to it and has no leaks etc and you'll be fine.

Currently SA sellers aren't required to do road worthiness checks hence most people have no idea what RWC is.

ZeForce
08-03-2008, 04:33 PM

Autotrans :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

mocchi
24-11-2008, 10:40 PM
hey yldcrd, i still need the airbox and your pm inbox is full. can you give me a call or something mate?

jnc
25-11-2008, 07:30 PM
Also when you ship the car over...check the shipping company if they have insurance if anything happens to the car during its way to you...ive used TNT previously and they cover you to the value of 60k. most freight companies dont cover insurance.