PDA

View Full Version : ED Civic EFI Fuel Tank and Rear Disc Brakes - CRX/Concerto Conversion

Dnation
17-12-2006, 01:52 PM
Hi Guys,

I've been searching for ever and cant find any info.

In particular I've been told and read that the Gen 2 CRX Fuel tank & fuel lines will bolt on perfectly on an ED Civic hatch. Will an 88 Honda Concerto fuel tank and lines bolt on also? (They run the D.. SOHC EFI engine).

Secondly to change rear drums to disc, i need the trailing arm, brake/disc/calipers and handbrake cable from a DA Integra or CRX gen 2, correct? Will the same Concerto rear disc setup fit as well? Are there any other Honda rear discs setup I can use? I read a post that 88 ED's have slightly differnt sussy from the rest of the ED's and thus can fit EG/DC2 suspension, is this true? (NB: I have already changed the brake booster etc in the engine bay to a EF9 B16A system)

In summary;

1. Will Concerto fuel tank and lines bolt straight on an 88' ED Civic?
2. Will Concerto rear trailing arm/disc/brakes/calipers/cable bolt on the 88 ED Civic?
3. Will any other model suspension fit?
4. Are 88 ED civics and 89+ ED civic suspension different?

Sorry for all the questions but there are alot of HOnda guru's here and I have high respect for some of the guys here with lots of knowledge.

Cheers
DAve

Mooks79
27-10-2010, 12:53 PM
anybody know??

markismaximus
27-10-2010, 01:20 PM
anybody know??

1. Will Concerto fuel tank and lines bolt straight on an 88' ED Civic? NO, fuel filler pipe on a concerto is located closer to the rear of the car. Where as an EDs is closer to the front

2. Will Concerto rear trailing arm/disc/brakes/calipers/cable bolt on the 88 ED Civic? Possibly, but can't confirm

3. Will any other model suspension fit? The rear trailing arm and LCA off an EG will fit. DA integra rear trailing arm will also fit.

4. Are 88 ED civics and 89+ ED civic suspension different? Whats different is the rear LCA. Later models have a cast one, eariler models have pressed box type

Mooks79
27-10-2010, 03:36 PM
1. Will Concerto fuel tank and lines bolt straight on an 88' ED Civic? NO, fuel filler pipe on a concerto is located closer to the rear of the car. Where as an EDs is closer to the front

2. Will Concerto rear trailing arm/disc/brakes/calipers/cable bolt on the 88 ED Civic? Possibly, but can't confirm

3. Will any other model suspension fit? The rear trailing arm and LCA off an EG will fit. DA integra rear trailing arm will also fit.

4. Are 88 ED civics and 89+ ED civic suspension different? Whats different is the rear LCA. Later models have a cast one, eariler models have pressed box type

Thanks Mark, I thought tht the concerto tank will fit.... so i guess not,........yeah theres this guy on crx website want to sell his tank for like 300 bucks..... some people are crazy arent they hehehe.....