PDA

View Full Version : ORC clutch with flywheel

TypeG
17-12-2006, 05:06 PM
Anyone got this kit in K series or even B series? I got a slient model and I do notice some noise when i pressed into the clutch which I am expected from what ppl said but I do notice some other noise when i drive till a certain speed and then take off my foot on acc, the car got like some spinning sound and the loudness depends on how fast i am expecially down the hill. Sound like something is spinning and the noise will gone when i put my gear into N. Is there any problem with the installation?

Zilli
17-12-2006, 05:23 PM
hey mate

im experiencing the same situation, but i got an exedy organic clutch and a toda flywheel

Its kind like a buzzing whining sound that is apparent when you get off the gas when you slowing down correct? its kinda like a gearbox whine but not as loud.

I noticed this when i went to wakefield last month.

Last night i was coming home and it was quiet so i decided to do some testing...

when i suddenly get off the gas, regardless of what gear or speed, the buzzing spinning whining sound is there, and its again prevalent when i get on the gas rough, as in stomp on it rather than feathering it in...

sounds kinda like a racecar does if you know what i mean.

Does what im explaining make sense to you man, because it sounds the same, and no one can confirm WHY its happening, but i know theres a coupla other people out there experiencing the same problem

TypeG
17-12-2006, 06:01 PM
hey mate

im experiencing the same situation, but i got an exedy organic clutch and a toda flywheel

Its kind like a buzzing whining sound that is apparent when you get off the gas when you slowing down correct? its kinda like a gearbox whine but not as loud.

I noticed this when i went to wakefield last month.

Last night i was coming home and it was quiet so i decided to do some testing...

when i suddenly get off the gas, regardless of what gear or speed, the buzzing spinning whining sound is there, and its again prevalent when i get on the gas rough, as in stomp on it rather than feathering it in...

sounds kinda like a racecar does if you know what i mean.

Does what im explaining make sense to you man, because it sounds the same, and no one can confirm WHY its happening, but i know theres a coupla other people out there experiencing the same problem

yeah mate... it is quite similar as the sound went away once i step on the acc again. it is totally not loud.... only when i got music off, window close and fan to lowest speed...... yeah try to slow down from a high speed and the noise start to get quiter and the sound is gone when it is in certain low speed.........

anyone got the same problem?

Chris_F
17-12-2006, 06:08 PM
yeah mate... it is quite similar as the sound went away once i step on the acc again. it is totally not loud.... only when i got music off, window close and fan to lowest speed...... yeah try to slow down from a high speed and the noise start to get quiter and the sound is gone when it is in certain low speed.........

anyone got the same problem?

my exedy clutch makes the same noise as described by both of you.

ALN also has the same noise on his euro i believe.

I think with the extra springs and the additional vibrations the flywheel transfers you're hearing the springs rattle around slightly... I've monitred mine now for 10,000km or so and there's been no problems at all associated with this noise :thumbsup:

Zilli
17-12-2006, 06:34 PM
Chris F, so its not a rattling, its a buzzing whiney sound right?

Chris_F
17-12-2006, 06:41 PM
nah, it's not a rattling sound, more off a buzzy wine with a slightly scratchy quality yea? I notice it when engine braking (its not a one off sound but consistent)

Zilli
17-12-2006, 06:48 PM
u got it mate

im glad im not alone, gearbox oil is fine and all that, u thought it might be the intake allowing more sound out but i always figured it had something to do with the new clutch and fly

thanks bro

Chris_F
17-12-2006, 07:09 PM
no worries man, trust me i was freaking out a bit when i first started noticing the noise as well. I also checked my gearbox oil and it was very clean so that put to rest concerns that something was up with the tranny.

Shouldn't be anything to worry about, like any aftermarket part extra performance normally comes with a bit of extra noise ;)

TypeG
17-12-2006, 07:12 PM
thx chris for verifying
somehow i am really worry about mod in the gearbox

kduong01
17-12-2006, 07:33 PM
Nah ppl, that noise is fine. I have the same clutch, although the non-silent model in a different car, also makes that burring noise on acceleration. The aftermarket clutches are meant to make that noise so its fine. Nothing to worry about. :)

Chris_F
17-12-2006, 08:37 PM
thanks kduong01, for another confirmation :)

TypeG
18-12-2006, 08:16 AM
thanks guys

TypeG
08-03-2007, 09:05 AM
hey guys... i am in concern again after i visited another mechanic last night for my new header
he said the noise is not right... when i push in the clutch .... he said my clutch is like a twin plate clutch with click click click sound....
also when i let the gas off iwith no rev match... the scratching noise is quite noisy.....
somehow i scare my gearbox will fxxk due to the incorrect installation....

what do u guys think

ALN
08-03-2007, 09:45 AM
hey guys... i am in concern again after i visited another mechanic last night for my new header
he said the noise is not right... when i push in the clutch .... he said my clutch is like a twin plate clutch with click click click sound....
also when i let the gas off iwith no rev match... the scratching noise is quite noisy.....
somehow i scare my gearbox will fxxk due to the incorrect installation....

what do u guys think

I have friends use the same ORC combo in DC5, experiences the same noise that you have. You better verify it with your mechanics but most likely it would be normal.:D

TypeG
08-03-2007, 09:48 AM
he asked me to check it (of coz since the labour cost like $3XX)
my frd with DC5 as well got SOME noise but not as loud and same noise as mine

U got the same noise Andrew? I really want to hear those noise in some cars since I am going to track this weekend and I scare the gearbox will fxxk after that.... since this is the first rack for this clutch...

ALN
08-03-2007, 09:55 AM
he asked me to check it (of coz since the labour cost like $3XX)
my frd with DC5 as well got SOME noise but not as loud and same noise as mine

U got the same noise Andrew? I really want to hear those noise in some cars since I am going to track this weekend and I scare the gearbox will fxxk after that.... since this is the first rack for this clutch...

I experience some noise too, ChrisF as well,for euro, it is not all the time occur but it is there especially when accelerating but I asked around before and they said it is normal to experience some noise though. You could try my car if you want to, to get better idea of it.

TypeG
08-03-2007, 09:59 AM
that's funny... i dun have an noise when accelerating but the other way around when my foot is off the gas

Samo
08-03-2007, 11:37 AM
i have a ORC clutch with flywheel in my car as well ... b16

mine only makes whinny noise on accleration ...and stops as i let go of gass...

TypeG: it is a single plate cltuch ... it has a floating friction plate ... therefore it sound like a twin plate .. but only a single plate is rotating as u press the pedal in

i have the selient type .. but it still has the rattle noise when pedal is in .. sometimes ... not all the time
its is normal

TypeG
08-03-2007, 08:51 PM
but my case is not the same as the rotating scratch noise come only when i take the gas off at a certain speed
mine is a silent model too
hmmmmm