PDA

View Full Version : eibach pro kit or sportline?

gbang007
17-12-2006, 10:52 PM
ok.......i have koni yellows on an ek1, i am looking at getting eibach springs aswell, i want a drop of about 2"max i think....just the the top of the wheel sits around the bottom of the fender or so....maybe a little more or less, we'll see. anyways, what is the difference between the sportsline and pro kit? i only use the car for street driving so no racing or track work......but i still want the most comfortable ride possible.......which ones should i go for? pro or sports?

Duesta
18-12-2006, 10:30 AM
prokit:
- Black coloured springs
- Drop of approx. 1.0"-1.5"
- good for the everyday streetcar.

sportline:
- Red coloured springs
- Drop of approx 1.7"-2.3"
- Firmer spring rate
- Still good for everyday street car, but more ideal for tracking.

Of course, the lowering rate is based on the springs with stock shocks only. This can change with your koni yellows as you have perches that allow you to adjust the height even further. 2 perches on the front shocks, 3 in the rear.

Ride comfortability also depends on what damper settings you adjusted your koni yellows to as well. I could say that both eibach springs are comfortable springs to use, however, if you've adjusted your dampers on your shocks to 100% stiff, its not necessarily going to be the case. There will always be a trade off though. If you want a comfortable ride, you dont want to lower too much. If you want your car lower, then you sacrifice the comfort, because you would want your shocks a little stiffer so that your car doesn't bounce over humps and bumps, causing scrapage as your car dips + bounces when you have a softer setting. So just keep that in mind.

I say you just get the prokits, as it would provide a decent starting drop, and then adjust your shocks according to the closest desirable setting.

doonbar
18-12-2006, 03:18 PM
im gettin the pro-kit hopefully sumtime this week should be good

stocky
18-12-2006, 07:21 PM
I didnt like my pro-kits, they didnt go low enough. I would have chosen the sportlines if I were to do it again.

BlitZ
18-12-2006, 07:59 PM
duesta :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

sportsline if u gonna upgrade shocks... else prokit