PDA

View Full Version : V8 Acura in the works

An41
17-12-2006, 11:34 PM
V8 Acura in the works

Posted Dec 11th 2006 8:09AM by Damon Lavrinc
Filed under: Detroit Auto Show, Sedans/Saloons, Acura, Honda
It's been speculated for some time that sales of Acura's luxo-barge offerings may be hindered by the automaker's lack of offering V8 power. According to Automotive News, this problem may be remedied soon.

In an interview with Honda's president of R&D in the States, Hirohide Ikeno, he hinted that a new direction for Acura powerplants would debut at the upcoming Detroit auto show in January.

It's already been confirmed that the new NSX, due in 2009, will likely get a mid-ship V10, drawing credibility from Honda's 8- and 12-cyclinder racing mills. That kind of power is necessary in the supercar market and a V8 option is a necessity if an automaker hopes to compete with other luxury sedans.

Although development of the V8 will be carried out by Acura's parent company, Honda, don't expect a V8 option in the next Civic.

[Source: Automotive News -- Sub. Req.]
http://www.autoblog.com/2006/12/11/v8-acura-in-the-works/
Hope this isnt a repost,cause I couldn't find it in search

About time, now Bogans can stop saying Hondas have no torque.
V8 s2k? I like

Mikeyas
19-12-2006, 03:36 PM
I think a new s2k could do very well with a high revving 6 cylinder. Good enough for the BMW M series and Gt3 rs porsches, its good enough for honda in my books

shebangs
22-12-2006, 11:31 AM
I love Honda. But I will say, I'll believe it when I see it. I want a v8 S2000 and a v10 NSX just as much as the next person, but for us to start attacking bogans purely based on this information is a bit slack on our behalf.

Matt

aaronng
22-12-2006, 12:14 PM
DOHC V6 VTEC will be so expensive to build and maintain... Valve clearance checks will take twice as long, the cost of the vtec mechanism is doubled!

panda[cRx]
24-12-2006, 10:15 PM
why would they go v6?
i dont see why they would go to 'v' when they have nice straight 6 engines in the current range.

and i dont see what 6 cylinder engines have to do with this thread unless it was a typo?

aaronng
24-12-2006, 11:48 PM
;1017025']why would they go v6?
i dont see why they would go to 'v' when they have nice straight 6 engines in the current range.

and i dont see what 6 cylinder engines have to do with this thread unless it was a typo?

Was referring to the V6 in an S2000 post. For a car like the NSX, cost is not a matter. Those who can afford to buy it will be able to afford the maintenance. But for the S2k, a V is pricey, unless Honda decide to go the 350z route and sacrifice technology for cost savings.

Is there a Honda straight 6?? :confused:

panda[cRx]
25-12-2006, 08:12 AM
Is there a Honda straight 6?? :confused:

lol nah there isn't. sorry was late..... dunno what i was thinking on that one coz the c and j series are both v6 :o
the only inline 6 cylinder engine i can think of is from the old honda cbx motorcycles