PDA

View Full Version : Euro Gearbox Noise? [AUTO]

sendok
18-12-2006, 11:47 AM
Maybe this topic not really matter for you guyz, but for me yeah it's matter.

I heard from my friend, if u got matic transmission, before get out from the car... do:

1. N
2. Handbrake
3. P
4. Turn off

Otherwise when you turn on and put D or D1, will sound like something hit your gearbox.

Anyway, after i do that, the sound's gone :) but sometimes it still sound when from parking (Using lot D and R)... Have any idea?

Coz usually i drive manual lolz..

aaronng
18-12-2006, 03:24 PM
You always put it into P before turning off the engine. And you always put it into P after the car is completely stopped.

_CiVIC_
18-12-2006, 03:35 PM
you can't put the car in P while its rolling anyway... it won't let you ;) i've tried lol!

oh and another thing, while reversing, make sure you come to a full stop before putting it in D.

but in regards to what your friend said.. it sounds like he is paranoid about the car moving before putting it in P... i suggest to you, place your foot on your brake, then when the car comes to a complete stop place in P..

JasonGilholme
18-12-2006, 03:38 PM
Theres nothing wrong with applying the handbrake while the car is stopped and in Drive.

aaronng
18-12-2006, 03:48 PM
Theres nothing wrong with applying the handbrake while the car is stopped and in Drive.

Except that on a car like the Euro, the handbrake (rear brakes) are pretty weak and the car will creep forward even with the handbrake on.

JasonGilholme
18-12-2006, 03:54 PM
Thats not cool.

What i'm trying to say is that he doesn't have to change it to neutral to put the handbrake one and then put it in park.

If you are worried about the car moving when putting it into park just keep your foot on the brake all the time until you turn the car off.

_CiVIC_
18-12-2006, 03:55 PM
why not just stop the car completely with the foot brake.. place from D to P, then lift the handbrake? isn't that the way it should be though?

JasonGilholme
18-12-2006, 03:56 PM
yeah thats what i used to do. back in my auto days.

aaronng
18-12-2006, 04:21 PM
^^ That's what I used to do too.

sendok
19-12-2006, 12:19 PM
oh no no.. i guess u guyz must think the other thingz.. lolz..

i mean.. usually i do hit the brake (off course the car completely stop), hand brake or P first (one of them first)...

but i heard from my friend, after fullstop, do N + handbrake before P. Otherwise when start moving, when we put D will make some noise like "JDUGGG" in the gearbox.. >.<

Is that right? or just me? lolz...

_CiVIC_
19-12-2006, 12:26 PM

i mean.. usually i do hit the brake (off course the car completely stop), hand brake or P first (one of them first)...

but i heard from my friend, after fullstop, do N + handbrake before P. Otherwise when start moving, when we put D will make some noise like "JDUGGG" in the gearbox.. >.<

nope it won't make that noise.. if you are at a full stop there is no reason for the transmission to make a thumping sound as it has plenty of time to change gears.

aaronng
19-12-2006, 12:33 PM

So, do you get the "JDUGGG" sound when you put it into P without using the handbrake first?

kam
19-12-2006, 02:10 PM
this thread is stupid, whats next - how do you get into your car safely ?

sodaz
19-12-2006, 08:20 PM
Turn off sequence:

1. Foot on brake
2. Select P gear
3. Handbrake
4. Turn off engine

Turn on sequence:

1. Start car with foot on brake
2. Release handbrake
3. Select D
4. Release brake and drive off

You don't use neutral like a manual car.

sendok
20-12-2006, 01:02 PM
forget about it

hard to explain!

Thanks to the one contribute.. not the one who said this thread sux :D

aaronng
20-12-2006, 01:29 PM
Hey! You didn't answer my question.

So, do you get the "JDUGGG" sound when you put it into P without using the handbrake first?

VirIIx
20-12-2006, 04:21 PM
-_-

manuals go crunch crunch in second gear? :D

anyways...

the car won't start if you're not in P...

and from memory in an auto I would, brake - stop - P - handbrake and turn off :]

Except that on a car like the Euro, the handbrake (rear brakes) are pretty weak and the car will creep forward even with the handbrake on.

stop trying to drift :p

sendok
21-12-2006, 02:10 PM
Hey! You didn't answer my question.

hey ya bro.. sorry sorry..

so if i do P first then handbrake... sometimes when turn on the engine, put D, come that noise on the first.. but maybe i because it's not on the flat surface.. i 'm not sure,

anyway i usually do everythin like u guyz said.. maybe my friend just make up some theory by himself...

:D

aaronng
21-12-2006, 04:54 PM
hey ya bro.. sorry sorry..

so if i do P first then handbrake... sometimes when turn on the engine, put D, come that noise on the first.. but maybe i because it's not on the flat surface.. i 'm not sure,

anyway i usually do everythin like u guyz said.. maybe my friend just make up some theory by himself...

:D

When you start the car, and put it into D, do you hold the brake pedal down? You should.

adammet04
21-12-2006, 05:50 PM
hmmm..
i got this noise i think because i was on an incline..

went from P to R after putting brake down and then releaseing hand brake..

I think the noise is from the gears changing into the new gear.while on incline..id be surprised to hear if you ge tthis noise on a flat (no incline) surface..

sendok
22-12-2006, 09:07 AM
When you start the car, and put it into D, do you hold the brake pedal down? You should.

Yes bro i got the brake pedal down..

and i think i know why it's sound that.. when the car position inclined, like adammet04 said, but i wonder why it sounds really crap out my ear..