PDA

View Full Version : DC2: ABS Light + Electric Issues

Moya
18-12-2006, 04:24 PM
Hi All,

I'm having some possible electrical issues on my DC2 that I'm hoping someone can help me out.

1. Everything was fine.
2. But just in the last 4-5 months, I've noticed my Head Unit randomly glitches with it's playback. It's NOT CD Skipping related as it happens on Radio. So it would be as if someone cut the power to the amp and/or pre-out's on the HU, so it's silent for a second then kept playing.
3. Then in the last 1-2 months, I've noticed during some of these glitches ... the headunit completely resets itself (It's an Alpine 9831 swing face) and the ABS Warning Light lights up. Only for 3-4 seconds, then music starts up, ABS light turns off and all is fine.
4. Then, just recently, the other day I was parking my car. Everything on (including music), in neutral and I was winding the windows up and when the Windows reached the top and I kept the power windows button in for an extra second .. I noticed my headlights dim, head unit reset and the ABS light come on.

Are these linked? I don't know if it's getting worse or I just didn't happen to notice some symptons for a while.

Could this be a simple Car Audio Install problem (I had a shop install HU/Amp/Speakers + Viper 1000 Alarm) or could this be symptons of a possible electrical problem? I noticed the other thread where his ABS lights were coming on and it was an alternator problem...

Sorry for the long post.

Thanks Alot

destrukshn
18-12-2006, 04:32 PM
check your grounds.

Kazaf
18-12-2006, 04:36 PM
I have a 9851, and recently installed it into my DC2R.
While I was testing the headunit, it would play fine one minute then would stop, like the power has been shut down and turn back on immediately.

After I've played around I finally realised by harness was not in properly, so everytime I moved the headunit a little bit it would stop playing and come back on.

So you could check the wiring and connection to all your audio applications.

Regarding your ABS and SRS lighting, best to go to Honda dealer.

Moya
18-12-2006, 04:45 PM
Would a fault or lose connection on the ground on the HU cause the ABS light to turn on?

Slow96GSR
18-12-2006, 09:08 PM
I would check all the wires in the back of the deck area for any other loose or cut wires. Also check the radio harnesses to miss wiring or tapped wires for power and ground.

mikes94
18-12-2006, 10:58 PM
I have had the EXACT same problem before in my teg. Driving along suddenly the CD player/radio cuts out (only momentarily) and the ABS light flashes on (and sometimes stays on).

Looking at the wiring diagram I can see no connection between the ABS and radio circuits. I was stumped - I guess the ony thing could've been grounding. I never did find the problem but it has since mysteriously disappeared. Sorry I cant offer any assistance other than to let you know you're not alone!

Mike

ECU-MAN
28-12-2006, 09:53 PM
i think your ignition switch is on the way out

destrukshn
28-12-2006, 10:08 PM
is your bunch of keys heavy?
if so, that causes premature wear on the switch as well.
if that is the case.
and it's quite easy to replace.

Moya
29-12-2006, 11:50 AM
Not really, my keys are fine. I actually like having a nice small light set of keys. I know my bro has a lanyard with about 2kg worth which pisses me off.

ALTHOUGH - I started a thread earlier where my key had trouble coming out of the barrel. Turned out my Main key was on it's way out, switched to my spare key and the key Ignition is fine again to remove/insert the key. thread here (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57205)

Is this linked?

ECU-MAN, What makes you think that? Not questioning you, just trying to learn.

Thanks guys

ECU-MAN
30-12-2006, 10:38 AM
ECU-MAN, What makes you think that? Not questioning you, just trying to learn.

coz Iv seen it before.

your keys will not have a major factor on this, the switch on the end of the ignition barrel will ware out over time.

its breaking contact.

Moya
31-12-2006, 01:39 AM
Wouldn't it cause the car to turn off though? Why just the headunit?

ECU-MAN
31-12-2006, 11:08 AM
it should stall the car if its badly worn. if the acc contacts are worn that wouldnt stall the engine.

also look for loose harness conectors under the dashn majnly going into the fues box

Moya
27-08-2007, 04:07 PM
it should stall the car if its badly worn. if the acc contacts are worn that wouldnt stall the engine.

also look for loose harness conectors under the dashn majnly going into the fues box

ECU-Man,

Sorry for the bump.

Would an auto electrician be able to take a look at this?

It's still happening (granted; I haven't tried to fix it). It's bad because sometimes it makes the car shudder hard as if it's about to stall.

Only asking because I'm pretty stumped for cash at the moment (just bought a house), and didn't want to give it to an auto electrician (when technically the CAR is running fine) when they could charge me $500-$1000 to fix.

ChiLLie
02-09-2010, 11:52 AM
YES! search button worked this time :D thanks ecu-man, you r spot on. oh, and getting a 2nd hand ignition switch/plus wiring costs like 60 bux from wreckers.

ECU-MAN
02-09-2010, 02:58 PM
keep searching and you will find a DIY as well

Bulbasaur
02-09-2010, 03:48 PM
keep searching and you will find a DIY as well

think i got the same problem? my dc4 just stalls almost to 0 revs, car turns off sometimes too and creeps back up again to normal. cleaned my iacv it was petrified shit inside of it =/ got new fuel filter there was some solid specs in it

ECU-MAN
02-09-2010, 03:52 PM
if you loose power to the dash then its the ignition switch

if you suddenly stall and the reds are on the dash then it could be your main PGMFI relay or ICM

Bulbasaur
04-09-2010, 12:56 PM
if you loose power to the dash then its the ignition switch

if you suddenly stall and the reds are on the dash then it could be your main PGMFI relay or ICM
nvm i think it is something with the fuel, i just flaw it after a stall and itll run perfectly lol

jezza30
13-10-2010, 09:10 PM
my Abs system on a 96 vtir i have does something totally diferent i start the car up and it just buzzes and then eventually the light comes on. but if i turn the car off and back on again it will buz then go away and the light wont come one, but sometimes the light wll just appear after awhile of driving..

anyone know this probllem

ECU-MAN
14-10-2010, 11:40 AM
your Accumulator is worn out

need replacing