PDA

View Full Version : installing ABS sensor

EK4R
19-12-2006, 03:38 PM
i got my front sensor replaced last time when i was fixing my LCA but didnt get the right part so now i have to install my front passenger side ABS sensor.

i had a look last night, one is bolted onto the brakes and the other end is a plug that goes into a hole into the chassis.

but i cant seem to find that plug on the other end and the hole isnt that big so i couldnt see much through it. hmmm

anyway around this? i wanna try to install it myself.

JasonGilholme
19-12-2006, 03:58 PM
is it at the front or the back?? It should just go from your wheel well into the engine bay/boot area and then work its way to ABS control module (Mine was in the boot [Del Sol CRX])

EK4R
19-12-2006, 04:00 PM
its the front.

there is a plug that plugs onto my original module but i cant find it.

JasonGilholme
19-12-2006, 04:05 PM
where do you loose it??

Cause it should go from the wheel well, into the engine bay and then continue to where ever the abs module is.

EK4R
19-12-2006, 04:46 PM
well i lost the sensor from the brakes so i brought another one. but cant seem to find the wires coming from the module into the wheel well bit if that makes sense.

Edgeauto
19-12-2006, 08:37 PM
There should be an orange plug near the chassis rail under the strut tower

EK4R
20-12-2006, 01:32 AM
There should be an orange plug near the chassis rail under the strut tower

yea that wat im looking for. is there anywhere to reach this plug? can i see it from the engine bay?

Edgeauto
20-12-2006, 09:40 PM
Should be quite easy to see, if you look below your battery it should be right there. If you instal the sensor at the wheel end first then feed the sensor into the engine bay then you will know how much wire is left to norrow down where to plug it in to.

Edgeauto
21-12-2006, 06:07 PM
Infront of the battery there should be 3 plugs, it should be the bottom 1