PDA

View Full Version : checked a integra vtir, considering . what do u think and advice

BC8
20-12-2006, 12:20 PM
hey guys

checked out a integra vtir 95 model with 120k on the dial and heres what was found out :
-the brakes seem to be worn out as there is slow response to braking
guy has done servicing himself since he bought it from previous owner at 85k
-has not done major service (well overdue at 120k's)
-interior has deep cuts/scratches on the back right handside
-a small dent on the back left handside
-antenna is jammed/not working (still has oem radio casette player)
-small dent inwards on drivers side
-air conditioning turned on at level 4 and starts making a buzzing sound (old fan?)

everything other than that, the car is in stock condition with no modifications. Exterior seems to be fair condition. The paint is ok and doesn't seem like it has been in a accident. He has done the servicing himself and doesn't seem like has a glue about the car. Im fairly concerned with the major service and regular servicing done by himself

Should I take to honda mechanic and quote on repairs? Or can SVC do that for you ? Anyways, what do you think? Major cost on the repairs etc

luzinit
20-12-2006, 12:32 PM
how much is he asking?

Stoosh
20-12-2006, 12:33 PM
did you get an inspection done?

BC8
20-12-2006, 12:35 PM
asking for 10k
nope, no inspection done yet
the problems above were observed, checked the electrical and it seems fine
still considering, should i get a inspection done by SVC?

EGB18CT
20-12-2006, 12:36 PM
how much is he asking if you dont mind? id offer a 2-3 grand below the asking price if the price isnt to high. Ull need to do the timing belt, water pump, all fluids, tappets adjusted, brakes - maybe master cylinder too, clutch and flywheel easily adding to over 1g just there. a lot of work needs to be done like the servicing. Check out the cv joint boots, steerin rack boots if they are torn need replacing, tyres if bald, check white stuff under oil cap, check spark plugs to see if oil/excessively fouled, if there is stay away. Check current oil level, does it smoke when warmed up?

if you can do most if not all work yourself and the basic checks apear ok and u get it dirt cheap and know u need to spend a couple grand on it then go for it, otherwise if you can do most work yourself id stay way as the labor will kill the overall cost...

good luck!

Stoosh
20-12-2006, 12:38 PM
check out www.stateroads.com.au, they do all my inspections and inspections for my dads customers (used car dealer)

VTC-8OY
20-12-2006, 12:42 PM
for 10g weather its well maintained or not, u cant complain.. cheap.. im sure u can bring it down furthermore plus wid the rest of the money u have u can fix up watever u need. n it will still cost less than other vtir's

EGB18CT
20-12-2006, 12:45 PM
if you could get it for 9g go for it and fix it up just point out to him what i mentioned needs fixing and the cost involved and see what he says. Youll spend out 2g fixing it all up. I believe u could get a vtir for 13ish, plus u would still have to service that.

ZeForce
20-12-2006, 12:52 PM
Have a mechanic remove the valve cover and check for sludge build up... If there is, he probably hasnt serviced it regularly or often enough

BC8
20-12-2006, 12:57 PM
if you could get it for 9g go for it and fix it up just point out to him what i mentioned needs fixing and the cost involved and see what he says. Youll spend out 2g fixing it all up. I believe u could get a vtir for 13ish, plus u would still have to service that.

i'll try and see how it goes and try to get it down to 9
He reckons its a fair price despite the problems
i estimated it to be around 2g'z as well
but should really get a estimate done by the inspector