PDA

View Full Version : airbag light

mr747
21-12-2006, 11:22 AM
I was driving the other day and the airbag light cameup on the dash?

I tapped the right hand pillar and it went off has anyone experienced this problem

VirIIx
21-12-2006, 11:39 AM
I had that problem when someone was leaning against the passenger side of the door and the airbag light would come on. I think it's a bit .. sensitive.

But that's my own personal experience.

EuroDude
21-12-2006, 08:53 PM
The side of the seat has a sensor that detects if there is anything obstructing or leaning on the Airbag, and lights up the SRS dash light (and possibly disables that airbag in the event of a crash).

The light goes away if the obstruction is removed.

It does this to avoid personal injury.

my_vtec77
22-12-2006, 07:46 AM
I had that problem too. Now i know why.
BTW, i have seat covers on front seats of my std euro. Dealer said me to remove it coz i will block side air bags when they come out. i dont know it's essential or not. does anyone have seat covers.
Sorry mr747, this is not relevant to your question.

mr747
22-12-2006, 07:49 AM
all good

TypeG
22-12-2006, 08:28 AM
BTW, i have seat covers on front seats of my std euro. Dealer said me to remove it coz i will block side air bags when they come out. i dont know it's essential or not. does anyone have seat covers.

I saw ppl using it..... should of change it to some racing seat but the airbag lights stop me...

VirIIx
22-12-2006, 10:40 AM

I would take off any seat covers, i had an accident where the whole passenger side airbags went off in my euro, from the seat, the curtains and another one overhead on the door.

They had to re-stich the whole seat together with the new airbags.. they cost a fortune to replace..

my_vtec77
22-12-2006, 12:28 PM
I would take off any seat covers, i had an accident where the whole passenger side airbags went off in my euro, from the seat, the curtains and another one overhead on the door.

They had to re-stich the whole seat together with the new airbags.. they cost a fortune to replace..

You right. That's why mechanic from dealer said it's too risky to put it on. But for standard model's ivory interior easy to get dirty. I should have get lux model:o

euro77
22-12-2006, 01:08 PM
Yes, please remove the seat cover, it's not safe in the case the airbag is deployed. I'm surprised you weren't told of this on delivery.

VirIIx
22-12-2006, 02:21 PM
You right. That's why mechanic from dealer said it's too risky to put it on. But for standard model's ivory interior easy to get dirty. I should have get lux model:o

Leather isn't any better.. in my opinion.. both black and ivory interior have their pro's and cons.. leather gets hot in summer .. sizzling burning.. and that you're a bit anal about what you put on them - boxes etc and sharp objects.. cleaning leather can be a pain too sometimes.. maint wise.

I'm sure there are some covers that might be fine.. just have to be aware that where the SRS Airbag tags are on the chair is pretty much where the bags pop out of.. with a bang :D