PDA

View Full Version : CRV Head Unit

dodgerblue
21-12-2006, 02:11 PM
Hi All,

I have a 2000 CRV & the CD function has failed. A couple of questions to assist me please:

1. Does anyone know what brand the Honda use for their head-units?
2. What after market brands are a complete replacement for the original unit.

I've looked at the Pioneer DEH3850MP as an option but wanted to know if this unit will slot directly in without any mods.

Thanks in advance.

Fr3aKi3
21-12-2006, 02:52 PM
Not too sure about what brand honda uses for headunits but it is a single DIN unit so all single DIN units will fit. Headunits units come with a mounting bracket which slots into where the old headunit was and holds the new headunit securely.

vividjazz
21-12-2006, 08:41 PM
Each brand (Alpine, Clarion, Pioneer, Sony) has their own proprietary wiring harness but you can get converter plugs or just rewire the harness.

ICACHA
21-12-2006, 09:13 PM
Hi All,

I have a 2000 CRV & the CD function has failed. A couple of questions to assist me please:

1. Does anyone know what brand the Honda use for their head-units?

Either Alpine or Kenwood, pull it out and it should say but might not, post the serial number and I can tell you if its an Alpine or not.

2. What after market brands are a complete replacement for the original unit.

I've looked at the Pioneer DEH3850MP as an option but wanted to know if this unit will slot directly in without any mods.

Thanks in advance.

Nothing on this planet will directly connect to any vehicle unless its a European brand with an ISO connector which the European vehicle will have.

Save up the dosh and get the pros to do it.