PDA

View Full Version : B18A aircon pump to B16A aircon pump

lilwilliam
21-12-2006, 03:39 PM
quick question im currently running a b16a engine and my airconditioning pump is leaking air thus i cant re gas my air con system, id like to know Would a b18a aircon pump fit onto a b16a aircon pump would it be the same since its both from a b series engine.??

SKREMN
21-12-2006, 09:27 PM
your asking if it would bolt up the same?
from my knoledge yes its been done but not shure if the bracket was changed?

destrukshn
21-12-2006, 09:29 PM
leaking air from where?
if it's from the pipes, you can replace the o rings.
most of the time it leaks from there, because they get brittle from old age.

Rasputin
21-12-2006, 09:42 PM
If it will fit, I've got a dc2r pump available, since hanny's said that it wouldn't fit my b18a.

So there might not be as much interchangeability (made up words are fun) between the b series a/c systems as you'd think. Good luck though, and hopefully the b18a will fit, since it'll be much harder to find a da6 at the wreckers, I'm thinking.

lilwilliam
22-12-2006, 09:53 AM
leaking air from where?
if it's from the pipes, you can replace the o rings.
most of the time it leaks from there, because they get brittle from old age.

not quite sure where it is leaking air.. the guy who was re gassing it said that it was my pump leaking he didnt have a proper look so i dont think he even knew where the leak was, although it was comming from the aircon pump area.. lol.. duno if that helps.

destrukshn
22-12-2006, 09:54 AM
well isn't he fockin useless.
try to take it someone compentent and find out where it's leaking from.

lilwilliam
22-12-2006, 09:57 AM
well isn't he fockin useless.
try to take it someone compentent and find out where it's leaking from.

hmm.. yeah he is kinda ***n ulesless ut then i thought he could be in a rush cos today is his last day before he goes on holidays, but if u ask me i woulnt leave my car there alone with him he looks shifty lol!.. can u reccomend anyone preferably in livo area. and isnt closed yet for xmas lol. long shot but worth a try.

destrukshn
22-12-2006, 09:59 AM
a1 mechanical
railway parade cabra.
try them.

lilwilliam
22-12-2006, 10:00 AM
a1 mechanical
railway parade cabra.
try them.

thanks for your replies.