PDA

View Full Version : Integra performance?

HALF MAN HALF BISCUIT
08-06-2004, 11:18 PM
I am interested in getting a '94 Honda Integra VTi-R and I was just wondering what they are like performance wise. I have owned mostly V8 Commodores since I got my licence but I am now totally over them. I am currently trying to sell my HSV because I have had enough of the huge fuel bills for the average performance. I have heard good things about the DOHC VTEC engines but I have never driven one or even been in one. The VTi-R seems like the best option for me as I can't afford a Type R and the VTi-R has full electrics and the 1.8L engine.

Cheers guys :)

SiR
08-06-2004, 11:29 PM
Best to do a search for the Integra VTi-R/GSR on google or something - should find plenty of reviews and specs.

SiR.

toE
09-06-2004, 12:58 AM
maybe u could take one out for a test drive and feel the B18C power for urself. :)

snowman95
09-06-2004, 01:07 AM
lol if you're comming from HSV's you're going to experience a power drop - seriously, take one for a drive and feel it out, i just love being able to scream it up to 8k vs the 4-5k of a v8 - dont get me wrong they are quick =) test drive test drive

Tofu
09-06-2004, 10:10 AM
if you're hoping to get teh same sort of feel for the power from the Vti-r when you've come from a HSV is very unlikely..
you might get a kick out of playing around with the vti-r, but don't expect too much from it...

snowman95
09-06-2004, 10:29 AM
^^^ what he said

HALF MAN HALF BISCUIT
09-06-2004, 11:26 AM
Im not expecting to get into a VTi-R and have a faster car but I do want a car with a reasonable amount of power. The reason I am thinking about an Integra over another HSV is because it's lighter, more reliable, better build quality and seems to have a very decent motor. I don't necessarily want a faster car than my HSV but a car which is all round more reliable and still has some performance.

snowman95
09-06-2004, 01:53 PM
then you've made a good choice

lol

actually i was thinking about selling my vtir

its at the painters at the moment, ive done a 98+ conversion, how much were you looking at spending?

:P

i only say this because i notice you're in perth too =)

JSL
09-06-2004, 05:01 PM
then you've made a good choice

lol

actually i was thinking about selling my vtir

its at the painters at the moment, ive done a 98+ conversion, how much were you looking at spending?

:P

i only say this because i notice you're in perth too =)

snowman dude.. mind to tell me not including paint how much it cost you to get the bumper (blinkers also) and headlights?

:p

snowman95
09-06-2004, 05:37 PM
it was a type r front (inc blinkers, headlights, itr lip and front) - $800

also scored the rear bumper and side skirts off an itr from a nice dude off these forums as well for $400-450 from memory ! (thanks maxim!) :P

JSL
10-06-2004, 12:41 AM
it was a type r front (inc blinkers, headlights, itr lip and front) - $800

also scored the rear bumper and side skirts off an itr from a nice dude off these forums as well for $400-450 from memory ! (thanks maxim!) :P

Nice buy!!

toE
10-06-2004, 02:01 AM
Im not expecting to get into a VTi-R and have a faster car but I do want a car with a reasonable amount of power. The reason I am thinking about an Integra over another HSV is because it's lighter, more reliable, better build quality and seems to have a very decent motor. I don't necessarily want a faster car than my HSV but a car which is all round more reliable and still has some performance.

i had the pleasure and opportunity to be in a mate's Integra VTi-R coupla months ago and he was going hard with it. Real hard! (U know who u are ;) ) And for what it was, stock engine and lowered, damn does this engine love to scream....and scream...and then some. :)

So...dat said, i doubt you've chosen a wrong engine/car to buy/play.

Still, it's difficult to take someone's word at times, and at most times, u just have to feel/experience it for yourself. So, again, I suggest u take one for a try and see for yourself. :)

Javed
10-06-2004, 02:03 AM
Honda > Holden (in any form) ;)

vti-2
10-06-2004, 09:26 AM
It really wasn't necessary to post unrelated information in this thread. And lets not get into debating Honda vs Holden and who is faster blah blah blah. Keep this on topic.

HALF MAN HALF BISCUIT:
I used to own a 1994 Integra VTi-R and loved the car from day 1. Having previously owned a Calais there was a huge power drop. But, they are 2 totally different cars and you cant compare them.

build quality - The Honda shat all over the Holden in build quality. In the time i owned the Integra, the only thing i had to replace was the Master Brake Cylinder. Thats it in almost 2 years of ownership! Never did i have to replace engine parts, or interior parts etc. The electrics never stuffed up, although when i sold the car the left passenger window wasnt going down at full speed (worn seals or motor on the way out?). If you want reliability, you can't go wrong with a Honda. Just make sure it has a service history, or if not, get it checked properly by a qualified mechanic. Check all the electrics and ask if things like the timing belt were done and at how many kms. Dont forget, they are reliable but if something breaks, it will be expensive to replace. ;)

performance/handling - the Integra was hands down one of the most fun cars ive driven on the street. it isn't quick straight line, but around corners and up in the mountains it was a blast. and if you want a change in that you dont just want to go hard in a straight line you will have a ball. Holdens have heaps more power and torque but dont allow you to corner etc. if you buy the Integra, throw a decent suspension setup in it and some engine mods and you will really have a great time with the car. :)

Anyway, hope this helps. If you have any other questions, im happy to help out.