PDA

View Full Version : Neon Install to DC2 Boot (under parcel shelf)

arron
22-12-2006, 02:49 AM
Ok,

This is a rice mod... but i have a pair of subs in my boot and would like to lighten the thing up a bit...

I know that there is a step-by-step article in team-integra.net but I have a few requests.

1. I will be using a neon stick (approx. 40cm) available from most rice stores
2. I want it to light up when I open my boot ONLY

The only way that I can think of hooking up the neon to the closing/opening of the boot is by that 'Boot open' light in the dash itself...

anyone out there with a better idea?

Rasputin
22-12-2006, 03:11 AM
Take the power from the boot light instead.
Why bother getting it from the dash? There is both the boot open/closed switch and an actual light in the boot itself. Tap from there for power to your relay or whatever.

stanleym
22-12-2006, 07:33 AM
yup ^^

just cli off the little plastic bit and ull see the festoon bulbs depending on how tidy u want the setup to b run the wires behind the trim and to where u want the neon to sit ... or course u gunna have to chop the cig light off the end.. then u just gotta splice the wires and connect to the pins..(if it dont work then u got the power and ground the wrong way round....

by connecting it to the pins and not removing the wire from the boot light completly it allows u to remove the neon if u wish and still be able to use the boot lgith like it was stock

hope this all helps

arron
22-12-2006, 10:20 AM
okay...

maybe Im lost... but I always thought that the rear boot light had only a ON/OFF function... and would stay turned ON whether or not the boot was closed...

am i lost? lol

teaseR
22-12-2006, 10:26 AM
when its on... it only lights up when the boot is open

stanleym
22-12-2006, 10:28 AM
yea u are lost... if u unsure put the light onto on then close boot and open the back seats to see if the light is on

m3ntAL_l2
22-12-2006, 11:12 AM
yea just wire up to ur boot light, i hav this in my car, its a very nice mod to light up ur sub @ night :D

arron
23-12-2006, 04:52 PM
Appreciate all your help guys! Thanks a heap