PDA

View Full Version : Noise soon after starting car

Integra_guy
06-10-2003, 10:03 PM
I have been hearing this noise soon after starting my car, it also occurs if I have the car left idling for a few mins also. I'm not sure if it occurs while driving because I can't hear it inside with the the road noise. It lasts for about 3 seconds and sounds like a solenoid or similar being activated. Does anyone know what this noise is?
its a stock VTi-R btw.

Cheers
Justin

wynode
06-10-2003, 10:18 PM
Describe the sound a bit more.

ginganggooly
06-10-2003, 11:08 PM
is it a buzzing sort of noise??

the abs unit seems to buzz every now and again. i never bothered to look up the reason for it though.

toE
07-10-2003, 04:10 AM
Where does it seem to b coming frm??

Integra_guy
07-10-2003, 05:29 PM
I'm not sure I would call it a buzzing noise. Sounds mechanical like a solenoid being activated. It ALWAYS does it immediately after the car starts, and then again about 15 seconds later, maybe more...

I will try and record a sound clip of it when i get a chance.

CKY
07-10-2003, 11:08 PM
Every time I start my car I make a noise.
I seem to get so excited that I pass wind :lol:

XXpl0Sive
09-10-2003, 04:16 PM
Ahh yeh
I've got the same noise...

Sounds like something is being activated...sort of like a CD player looking for a disc noise (like straight after you put a CD in your CD-Drive on your computer)

Do you have a 10 Stacker?
It seems to come from the back?
It isn't the stacker though, because it's unplugged...might be the antenna?

Dream`R
09-10-2003, 10:20 PM
Is this a new noise or has it always been there?

It sounds a lot like the ABS. I get the same thing in my car.

Integra_guy
09-10-2003, 10:38 PM
My noise is most deffinently in the front. I'm guessing now that it is the ABS. It has always done it since I got it.

XXpl0Sive
09-10-2003, 11:44 PM
Activation of ABS?

Integra_guy
10-10-2003, 02:53 PM
Not while I'm stopped I would hope not. Maybe it does it a few times for each of the ABS channels. I haven't counted how many times I hear it and if it continues. I know at least tice I have heard it in a row with a couple of seconds inbetween.

Kazaf
11-03-2007, 11:43 AM
So has anyone found out what causes this problem.

I've been getting this noise too, 3 times already.
The first time I thought it was something stupid I did, but today as I went to buy take away and came back, it mad this noise.

It sounds like a rattling noise, cant really describe it, but as i started i heard it on the driver side in the engine bay. And at first I thought it was my alarm siren, but it happened again and i saw the abs light flash along with the noise. really quick.

anyone know?

ACTI0NMAN-1
11-03-2007, 11:48 AM
use your screwdriver as a sthescope (sp?)