PDA

View Full Version : DC2R ShifterGear stick some help..

dupac->
24-12-2006, 04:45 PM
What is needed to install a DC2R Shift/Gear stick onto an EK4??
I've tried to install it but the DC2R gear stick is abit wide where it joins onto that rod that goes into the EK4 gear box..

what other part do i need from the DC2R to get this shifter in?
or iif there's a easier way?
because i've seen some ek4's and em1's with the DC2R shifter in them..

ekhybrid
24-12-2006, 04:58 PM
du, cut it man
ive done it on my car

dupac->
24-12-2006, 05:06 PM
cut what bro?

the ek4 gear stick?
the itr gear stick?

need more info than that stevo!
haha

phantom_civic
24-12-2006, 06:01 PM
mines cut I think.

ekhybrid
24-12-2006, 07:22 PM
cut the cylinder where it pivots on the itr shifter to 1 inch but make sure both sides are a equal length
then the shifter can slide into the linkage :)
enough info? haha

jdmTYPE R
25-12-2006, 06:43 PM
try messuring the length of the dc and ek shifter it should be the same i didnt have to cut nothing when i did a typer conversion onto a cxi it should bolt straight on

dupac->
26-12-2006, 01:25 PM
sweet ill try it.. thats enough info stevo haha thanks! let u know how it goes

ekhybrid
26-12-2006, 11:17 PM
try messuring the length of the dc and ek shifter it should be the same i didnt have to cut nothing when i did a typer conversion onto a cxi it should bolt straight on

becoz u were using a dc2r linkage LOL
its not gonna woork for dupac coz he using stock ek4 linkage :p

VT3C
28-12-2006, 04:58 PM
2 options:

1. (best option) get EK9 linkages (I dont think DC2R linkages will be the right length) and fit with ITR Shifter (same as EK9).

2. (ghetto option) remove your EK4 shifter and measure the width and remove the inside spacer/bushing from the Type R shifter and cut to teh same width as the EK4 item. use the spacer/bushing from your EK4 shifter in the Type R shifter.

number 2 option you must realise that like other aftermarket shortshifters, it may not be perfectly compatible withyour stock EK4 shift linkages and some actual gear selection may be slightly compromised.. the Type R linkages are designed for perfect gear selection when used in conjunction with the type R shifter and ther will be no compromise.

dupac->
28-12-2006, 08:59 PM
yeah option 2 looks good.. was just having a look this arvo, and figured it had to be cut..!
but good stuff mate.. thanks..! :thumbsup:

2 options:

1. (best option) get EK9 linkages (I dont think DC2R linkages will be the right length) and fit with ITR Shifter (same as EK9).

2. (ghetto option) remove your EK4 shifter and measure the width and remove the inside spacer/bushing from the Type R shifter and cut to teh same width as the EK4 item. use the spacer/bushing from your EK4 shifter in the Type R shifter.

number 2 option you must realise that like other aftermarket shortshifters, it may not be perfectly compatible withyour stock EK4 shift linkages and some actual gear selection may be slightly compromised.. the Type R linkages are designed for perfect gear selection when used in conjunction with the type R shifter and ther will be no compromise.

VT3C
23-02-2007, 09:00 PM
no probs - let me know how it goes cause i got a spare itr shifter around here somewhere and wondered how it'd be on say EK4 linkages ;)

fatboyz39
25-02-2007, 09:05 AM
NO NEED TO CUT......

We installed a ITR one into my mates EM1 no probs at all. Use your old b16a support bar with the ITR shifter ROD. That would fit for sure cause we done it already.

If you have any probs send a pm. Can help you out.

dupac->
25-02-2007, 08:47 PM
i still havent got around to doing it
lol..

ill have another crack at it fatboyz withur info
ta mate

pchio
26-02-2007, 01:38 AM
should work no probs man
fatboyz did it for my car :thumbsup:

VT3C
27-02-2007, 03:11 PM
Fatboy - I dont think the shifter you used is a true Type R if u didnt need to modify it to fit.. it is impossible to fit JDM ITR short-shifter without using the Type R linkages or at least modifying your original EK4 linkages.

if you used the EK4 'support bar' the shifter must have been shorter already ie. an aftermarket short shifter NOT type R. The EK4 'support bar' is at least 10mm shorter than the DC2-R.

We've tried to fit JDM ITR short-shifter to EK4's in the past and believe me it caqnt be done without modification to SOMETHING haha..

97EK1
25-10-2007, 01:00 AM
I've got an Integra Buddyclub short shifter didn't need to cut anything on my ek1 how strange :S