PDA

View Full Version : Gen 5 Lude Headunit Install?

Sexc86
26-12-2006, 10:41 PM
Hey Guys

About to attempt to change the head unit in out Gen 5 Prelude. Never worked on one of these before and being a newer car the panels are a bit of a bitch. Could anyone give me a quick run down on the location of essential screws and attachement spots for the main part of the center console so the head unit can be easily accessed?

Cheers thanks in advance

Regards Lyle

Mrkrooz
26-12-2006, 10:45 PM
hey its pretty simple......firstly find a flat head screwdrive and a cloth and remove the panel....should just clip out....from there its pretty easy all the screws should be clearly visible......just take your time and dont cut anything unless you know what it is....

Sexc86
26-12-2006, 11:05 PM
the front panel by that do you mean the sort of black surroud around the head unit and din? and that just pops out? as they are clipped in?

slknv
27-12-2006, 12:41 AM
Hi, maybe check out an old site i had on my gen 5, http://listen.to/preludeaudio might be worth a peek!

Mrkrooz
27-12-2006, 11:24 PM
the front panel by that do you mean the sort of black surroud around the head unit and din? and that just pops out? as they are clipped in?

yep it should just clip out.....ures might be CF or woodgrain should just pop out from there its pretty simple if youve installed a headunit before...:thumbsup:

Luding
28-12-2006, 08:00 AM
yeh the trimming around the HU should hav around 6 clips. i find it easier to unclip the bottom 1st first then leverage your way up. then unscrew the 4 screwed thats holding the HU in. from there on itz just a matter of finding wat wire is wat. you might find it easier ot remove the vig lighter from the trim so u can fully take the trim off without the risk of letting it hang there and migth snack off and break sometihng.

scottyj
04-01-2007, 07:43 PM
it feels like u are going to break it - but just go for it. starting at bottom is good. the clips are mainly on the sides (not right at top or bottom) from memory

5tH SiN
05-01-2007, 11:54 AM
yeh scotty there are 4 clips on each corner of the framing, make sure u dont scratch it/break them while taking it off, the from there u will see 4 screws that hold the centre console onto the dash, get a megnatic phillips screwdriver and take them out, and then jus unplug the old HU and go from there