PDA

View Full Version : LS bonnets from carmate

mooshie
09-06-2004, 07:24 PM
Hey guys I have been searching for a carbon fibre bonnet for my teg for ages and finally found one at carmate for $1200 shipped. anyone heard anything about these bonnets, good/ bad experiences with stuff from carmate? the only pic they have is of the same style but in painted fibreglass and it looks to fit ok, thinking of purchasing soon but i don't wanna get stuck with a shitty fitting bonnet so if anyone could shed some light it would be much appreciated.

A'PEXi
09-06-2004, 11:11 PM
egSi has one from there :D pm him maybe

vti-2
10-06-2004, 09:29 AM
That much? $1200?

Have you tried Motorware?

http://www.motorware.com.au

Otherwise, if its that rare and has to be imported you might be better off posting on Honda-Tech and getting it imported directly from the US (might be cheaper).

http://www.honda-tech.com/

Good luck.

mooshie
10-06-2004, 10:18 PM
thanks i'll pm him, and no motorware has nothing, and no i will not buy something like this online from the US, not after my experience with the bodykit. $1200 includes $120 shipping and $80 insurance but i reckon these costs should only come to bout $100 anyway thats something to negotiate later!

integrica
12-06-2004, 12:16 AM
mooshie what happened with ur bodykit? i got mine shipped from US and had slight probs. what kit have you got?
i also saw the cf bonnet at carmate and am moderately interested.. dont really like the twin rounded bulges. i think there was talk a while ago about getting a guy to make custom ones for less than $1000, what happened to that idea?

tinkerbell
26-07-2004, 05:06 PM
not enough peeps were game to put up the ca$h for the bonnet making to go ahead...

still an option if you get 5 or more interested investors ;)

VTEChnique
27-07-2004, 11:25 AM
Man get online and look to the USA for CF for your DA.. I have found CF hoods for most honda models for $350 USD.. now you'd HAVE to have some doubt about the quality, and they're only CF on the top, FG Skeleton.. but that's like $450-500 AUD then plus say $150 Postage so THat's $650 AUD max.. I think for almost 1/2 the price of what you're quoted from Carmate, you cant go wrong..

I'll try and find that link for the 'cheap' CF hoods for you..

DC2spec94
27-07-2004, 12:29 PM
postage from US to here 150 bucks, i dont think so.....or maybe get here like 4-6 weeks by sea, maybe!! but be carefull you got hit by GST & duty!!! You have to put in your calculation!! good luck anyway, its better get it here, but not carmate, i heard their CF is bad quality, try pm honda_r on this forum he might be able to help you

mooshie
28-07-2004, 09:01 PM
my bodykit took more than 3 months to get here first off, then when it finally arrived the rear bar was so warped we nearly took a mould to then reshape and recreate it! as it turned out we managed to coax it back into shape and it now fits quite good. It is a genuine Black Widow kit by Ground Designs in the U.S. and i still think it's the best looking kit available for the G2 (just my opinion!) there are some copies available now that are Aussie made but what i have seen is no where near a thick as the genuine (6-8mm in most parts!) i think Viva Garage has the front and side skirts copies but have not seen any rear copies yet. BTW, given up on the carbon bonnet idea for the time being but my interest will be awakened if anyone can provide new info....

[[d a n n y]]
28-07-2004, 09:03 PM
carmate sucks dont get it..

kraftycuts
28-07-2004, 09:17 PM
agreed

alan
29-07-2004, 01:47 AM
i got a crappy wings west style front bar from carmate
it sucks

Boost Cruisin
29-07-2004, 09:30 AM
car mate sucks? or the bar sucks? or all of the above.... explain further...

[[d a n n y]]
29-07-2004, 09:39 AM
it's all shit..
they r the worse...
the stuff they supply doest even fit..properly...(all of the stuff they supply)