PDA

View Full Version : Superlows on '99 VTI-R civic Coupe

c3024534
28-12-2006, 03:00 PM
Can anyone that has lowered their civic coupe tell me if they had any camber problems? Did you need a camber correction kit or did a simple wheel alignment fix it up?

pchio
30-12-2006, 10:51 PM
Can anyone that has lowered their civic coupe tell me if they had any camber problems? Did you need a camber correction kit or did a simple wheel alignment fix it up?

pm elim
he had a coupe on super lows

mrwillz
30-12-2006, 11:16 PM
wif superlows or ne form of lowering ur bound to get neg camber
i got a hatch and haf camber... duno how many -ve degree tho but wear on tyre has shown significantly

Taxi-R
31-12-2006, 01:53 PM
i have -2 camber i believe all the way round and tho i don't take corners all that fast, i can't really c much diff in tyre wear. seem 2 b quite even to me. had it like this for abt 2-3 yrs on g3 rubber. i went to a pretty good alignment place - maybe a good alignment can help?

odell
01-01-2007, 08:07 PM
i dropped mine 2" front and back on kings lows. you might have to roll back your guards and get a camber kit.

Waggy
01-01-2007, 08:42 PM
I originally had superlows on my car with 17" wheels. Looked like this:

http://users.tpg.com.au/wagz/4%20(Small).JPG

A wheel alignment fixed some of the camber issues, however I still noticable negative camber on the rears. The front was ok.

I would REALLY recommend saving up and getting a nice set of Coilovers though. King springs destroyed any sense of handling on my car (it handled like an effing barge and constantly scrubbed the tyres) and I actually didn't enjoy driving it until I got a set of Buddy Club N+ coilovers.

Just my opinion though - depends on what you want out of your EM1 mate.