PDA

View Full Version : power windows in a cxi

honda_ek4
29-12-2006, 07:10 PM
hey guys,
im thinking of purchasing an aftermarker power windows kit for my civic cxi since they don't come stock standard as many of you may know, and was just wondering if it would be a good idea to do so and get some feedback from someone whos attempted to install it onto their car before. If they would be able to provide me with any tips/tricks..
i'll only be installing power windows onto my car if ill be able to install it myself so please don't tell me to just get it installed at a shop.

thanx
your help will be much appreciated

[[d a n n y]]
29-12-2006, 07:17 PM
i did this on my EG a while ago.
u need door trims/ power window arms/ wiring / swtiches / and a relay/
best to get this off a wrecked EK.
wiring is the most trciky bit.
took me 4 hours to do mine..the most easiest way if your not too confident is to use a GLi wiring harness

honda_ek4
29-12-2006, 07:26 PM
];1020112']i did this on my EG a while ago.
u need door trims/ power window arms/ wiring / swtiches / and a relay/
best to get this off a wrecked EK.
wiring is the most trciky bit.
took me 4 hours to do mine..the most easiest way if your not too confident is to use a GLi wiring harness

i was thinking of buying a power window kit of ebay which states it comes with everything we need to install power windows for a 2 door car..
so yeah. and with the door trims i was gonna cut the hole for the power window switch in my current stock door trim and get the plug to cover up the winding thingy..

EKVTIR-T
29-12-2006, 07:45 PM
Honestly your better off trying to retro fit an oem setup in there as stated from a gli or something.Ive had those aftermarket kits before on a previous car and they look crappy and cheap.But in the end its your car hey...;)

mrwillz
29-12-2006, 07:51 PM
so yeah. and with the door trims i was gonna cut the hole for the power window switch in my current stock door trim and get the plug to cover up the winding thingy..

wont look that good or practical either.
buy some ek doors wif power window trim is best..
45-50 per door.

honda_ek4
29-12-2006, 07:53 PM
Honestly your better off trying to retro fit an oem setup in there as stated from a gli or something.Ive had those aftermarket kits before on a previous car and they look crappy and cheap.But in the end its your car hey...;)

no offence taken:thumbsup:
ill see how everything goes in the next few weeks as i am not really in a rush to get it even tho leaning over each time and winding up the windows of the passenger side realli annoys me. lol

JDMCVC
30-12-2006, 10:26 AM
tell me when your gonna get it done so i can join in, i want power windows too

honda_ek4
30-12-2006, 07:06 PM
tell me when your gonna get it done so i can join in, i want power windows too

will do:)