PDA

View Full Version : clock and stereo deck wont work??

fadz
29-12-2006, 07:30 PM
i just got my retrimmed dash back from the auto trimmers, they installed it back in, i forgot my deck at home so i couldnt test that everything was working over there...anyways iv tried getting it to work here, but no luck, i have checkd all fuses plus engine bay fuses, no fuses are blown....have i missed something here...that i have not checked.
cheers to all that help.

HondaTechy
29-12-2006, 07:37 PM
maby the forget a plug in the fuse box or you didnt plug it in.is ther 12 v power at the wiring harness side?

Boban
30-12-2006, 06:02 AM
They didn't cut any wires by accident while they were working on your car?
Just an idea...

Alexx
30-12-2006, 11:20 AM
yea i had a similar problem after redoing my whole stereo and having the whole car in pieces. after it was back together it wouldn't work. turns out the constant 12v wire to the back of the headunit had come out while i put the HU back into the dash. scared me though thought id broken it for a sec. dunno about the clock though

Mikey Coupe
30-12-2006, 09:15 PM
i had the exact problem not too long ago. my clock wouldn't work and there was no constant power to the stereo.

all i can suggest is go to a car audio place and get a consultation about it.

another idea might be to check your constant power wire. in my car, there was a fuse along this wire which blew, and is why i couldn't find the problem.

it might be an idea to just get a continuity tester out and check your constant power.

siir
02-01-2007, 02:23 PM
check all wires.. just incase if you connect it wrongly.. if the oem clock doesnt work check the plugs..see if anything is loose coz they kinda fragile.. if you take the lug by force the connective wire will break.. :)
or also try by cleaning the connector and spray it wif wd40 if its dirty,rust etc and wipe it wif dry cloth..coz it work on my friends car :)

btw is it an afta market deck or oem?? if oem check the connector plug.. coz it might be loose or some wire came off during installation?!?