PDA

View Full Version : Parking sensor aftermarket

Amy
30-12-2006, 02:28 PM
Hi Guys.........

I got my accord vti , now is in panel beater cause I scratch it with the wall :eek: .
I am planing to get a reverse and front parking sensor.(probably because I am too short for such a big car:( ). Can help it accord is the best:honda:

Honda in melbourne asking for $700(only back sensor) that is the cheapest I can get. While this guy offer

http://www.reverseparkingcamera.com/index.html only

$400 for front and reverse parking sensor. Has anyone have experience with this company?

Can you recommend me with the aftermarket company, will do a got job for my car ?

PS : I know nothing about wiring etc... so I prefer someone install it for me

Thankssssss:wave:

Cheers

Amy

destrukshn
30-12-2006, 02:31 PM
what year model is your accord?
=)

aka_NSX
30-12-2006, 03:24 PM
only cost $200 installed rear only, please PM me for more details

Amy
30-12-2006, 03:47 PM
I am in melbourne victoria, my accord is 2006 vti

panda[cRx]
30-12-2006, 03:53 PM
$700? lmfao that's criminal

try another dealer coz ur getting ripped. as for aftermarket ones just make sure you paint the sensors or it will look shit. otherwise just get honda genuine sensors as they come already painted

Amy
30-12-2006, 04:23 PM
Thanks for the advice panda[cRx] . the one that I mentioned
http://www.reverseparkingcamera.com/contact.html. ($400) back and front sensor

is color coded, but the thing is I don't know whether they are good with what they are doing? Since its involving drilling my bumper so, I am bit concerned.

destrukshn
30-12-2006, 06:03 PM
colour coded means the sensors are painted to the same colour of your car.
i can supply a genuine honda rear parking sensor kit for about $300 posted
which comes colour coded to your car.

TypeG
30-12-2006, 06:17 PM
man
just get those on ebay
$50 and will last for ages and it works the same

Amy
30-12-2006, 08:06 PM
Hi Guys.........

Thanks for the advice. I know where to buy , but I don't know how to install it. Even I read the instruction , I may just not be able to do a very good job. I prefer pay someone else that good at installing this thing.

Cheers

Amy

aka_NSX
30-12-2006, 08:11 PM
Hi Guys.........

Thanks for the advice. I know where to buy , but I don't know how to install it. Even I read the instruction , I may just not be able to do a very good job. I prefer pay someone else that good at installing this thing.

Cheers

Amy

i thought ur car is still @ the panel shop, u should just ask them to install it for u and they can painted at the same time too .........

Amy
30-12-2006, 08:16 PM
Thanks for the fast reply Panda

I have ask them but, they said I just need to bring to other shop. Since they can not do anything with electrical. I planning to install it after that car out from panel beater but dunno where to go?

Cheers

Amy

overl0ad
10-01-2007, 09:39 PM
pm me if you want a good installer.

not cheap, but good.

if i don't reply my pm, ask euroaccord13 to call me and get me to answer my pm.

overl0ad
16-01-2007, 07:48 PM
hi Amy,

check with my mate. he won't do it cos there's generally not enuf money for his troubles.

sorry.

EuroDude
16-01-2007, 08:15 PM
! Bah $700 ?? thats highway robbery !

Get one of eBay for $50 and take it to an Auto Electrician Shop, they will charge you one or two hours labour (Total about $200).

I got ones from eBay and installed them myself, its easy. All you do is:

*Mount the Reverse Sensor control unit in the boot somewhere, such as behind the carpet next to the drivers side rear brake light. You can use strong double sided sticky tape or velcro, etc..
*Run the four sensor wires down through a hole that exits to the bumper insides (my euro had a hole with a rubber gromit which I removed. I used some heatshrink around the four sensor wires so they dont frey on the metal chassis and short.
* Remove the rear bumper. (a few bolts underneath, it should slide off easy enough)
* Now to Drill the holes in the bumper: Line up the holes on the bumper using masking tape and refer to a picture of an accord on the internet (u can use google images) that has reverse sensors. It doesnt have to be perfect since the sensors sense wide.
* Drill the four holes with the Drill Bit provided. You should get one in the package, otherwise just by a 20mm Drill Bit from a hardware store. If you have the OEM plastic bumper, dont worry about chipping the paint, it wont happen if you drill straight down.
* Pop the sensors in the holes. They simply click in.
*Put the pumper back on, while you pull the slack of the sensor wires through into the boot, and cable tie the sensor wire slack close to the control unit.
*Connect the POSITIVE control unit wire to the Positive Reverse TailLight Wire. I simply unplugged the wire harness under the parcel tray and used a multimeter to determine which one was Reverse, then tapped into it by cutting a bit of the plastic off the taillight wire and soldering the other wire straight on, then used electrical tape (or a special wire tapping connector u can get from hardware shops).
*Connect the NEGATIVE control unit to the chassis somewhere, for instance on an existing bolt near the rear brake light.
*Now route the LCD/Beeper unit's wires behind the boot carpet/lining and under the parcel tray, through the side of the C-Pillar, around the rear seats, and cable tie it under the drivers seat somewhere. Or if you have an LCD, you can keep on routing it under the carpet next to the drivers seat and in the dash somewhere. I have an LCD but dont even use it since I simply use the beeping for reversing.

Thats it... simple :p

Have a look at my thread here, some pics are included:
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45770&highlight=reverse+sensor

Amy
17-01-2007, 12:00 PM
Thanks Eurodude for the fantastic Infooo:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

To be honest I know nothing how to open up the bumper:confused: and those wiring stuff:confused: . I am scared that I will be screwing up my back bumper and front bumper:eek: . Do you know where is a good auto electrician that I can install for the parking sensor?

Thanks Again for explaining every single step to install parking sensor "Eurodude":thumbsup: :thumbsup: :)

Amy

EuroDude
17-01-2007, 12:15 PM
No probs :thumbsup: Not sure where u live but check www.yellowpages.com.au and search for an auto electrician in your area. U can call to get a quote from various places to find the cheapest one

overl0ad
31-01-2007, 11:07 PM
ask euroaccord13 to do for u LAR...