PDA

View Full Version : Cusco Strut Top - Help Needed!!!

LEVIN GTV
31-12-2006, 12:12 AM
Hey Guys,

Ran through a few searches and was unable to find an answer to my question...So here goes...By the way, make it simple for me, as Im not too technically minded!!!

Cusco Strut Tops

I have some Front Cusco strut tops, which has camber adjustable pillow ball mounts. Now they are making some clunking noises, and apparently they need a new fiber washer.

Now this clunking:

What would be causing the clunking noise?

How hard is it to source and fit a fiber washer?

Is it possible to recondition the strut top to eliminate this sound?

Can they be reconditioned? What is the cost of a mechanic to do the reconditioning?

Should I fix them, or just bin them, as the cost of fixing this problem would far outweigh the benefits of using them?

Benefits of Strut Tops:

Now I am running, King Spring lows, with Brand new KYB Excel G Struts.

What benefits would I get from these strut tops other than camber adjustability?

How would I adjust my camber to get most of the tyre on the road, yet minimise tyre wear?

Should I run these strut tops, or just continue with the stock tops??

If you could take a time to consider my problems and help out that would be a massive help!

Thanks again OZHONDA
LEVIN GTV

bennjamin
31-12-2006, 03:14 AM
does your car have wishbone suspension ? If so there generally is no point to these top mounts , as camber cannot be adjusted at this point. It is adjusted at the upper control arm via a aftermarket bush or adjuster etc.

IMO replace with stock strut top hats and get on with life

LEVIN GTV
31-12-2006, 08:08 AM
I have not yet fitted these to my car, and was just determining whether they would be worth fixing.

I think pillowball mounts will be very stiff anyway...